Agriculture PR and Public Affairs Specialist
We know you’re out there. And we’ve got the perfect job for you!
Does the idea of creating communications strategies to reach and influence elected officials excite you? Do you have public affairs experience that extends beyond serving as a mouthpiece to include the strategic development of plans, messaging, and content? If the agriculture industry is your thing and elected officials and advocacy groups are your people, this just might be the perfect career move for you.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the ag industry on behalf of the agency
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key government officials, advocacy groups and citizens who are important to our clients
- Manage the creation and distribution of public affairs/elected official communications content across earned, owned, shared and paid channels.
- Maintain a working knowledge of city, county and state public offices, including identification of key contacts and protocol for common requests.
- Develop complete client program plans including strategic program elements to achieve client goals.
- Collaborate with team members to develop comprehensive public outreach campaigns targeted at diverse stakeholders.
- Understand and manage research methodologies and make appropriate recommendations to clients to include research in planning efforts.
- Proactively monitor and research policies, legislation and regulations to see what changes could be advantageous and which trends might negatively impact clients.
- Effectively collaborate with account teams to produce high quality work that meets the clients’ objectives and that stays within budgetary constraints.
- Prepare reports and presentations to deliver on our client’s behalf to key government officials and groups.
- Represent clients at industry forums and events.
- Travel as needed for client meetings, forums and special events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, public relations or related field.
- Seven or more years of progressive professional experience in government relations, public affairs and community outreach.
- Agriculture industry communications expertise and work experience
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in developing and maintaining elected official and other stakeholder relationships.
- Experience working independently and being a positive, active member of teams.
- Strategic thinking skills and the ability to work off of a plan.
- Experience in outreach to culturally and ethnically diverse audiences, constituents and partners.
- Extensive driving may be required. Position requires travel (up to 20%) within the state.
If you are the type of person who hates collaborating with coworkers, and detests award-winning work, Nuffer, Smith, Tucker may not be the place for you. But if all that doesn’t sound half bad and you want to join our team, submit a resume, references, salary requirements and minimum of two writing samples to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2021-04-25