American Hospital Association (AHA)
The AHA PAC Specialist executes strategies association with the AHA Political Action Committee (PAC) and political affairs goals of the American Hospital Association. This position supports a range of highly responsible and confidential professional and administrative activities for the American Hospital Association Political Action Committee. The individual is required to work independently and coordinate an array of highly visible activities on behalf of the AHA PAC and the political affairs group.
1. Execute strategies associated with the AHA PAC activities and goals.
2. Maintain current knowledge of AHA PAC activities and educates AHA and external constituents on these activities.
3. Maintains current knowledge of fundraising and Federal Election Commission regulations as well as any other pertinent regulations to support compliance with AHA PAC fundraising activities.
4. Research and determine appropriate AHA, state association and member participation in fundraising events for Members of Congress. Schedule and track AHA, state association and member participation in fundraising events to include accurate record keeping of event invitations and database entries.
5. Maintain accurate records within and outside of the political action database for AHA PAC related activities, as well as congressional support for key legislation and federal relations activities.
6. Develop and maintain relationships with State PAC contacts. Develop and maintain professional relationships with the Washington fundraising and political community.
7. Responsible for accounting processes and records which include responsibility for disbursements working with outside counsel for AHA PAC.
8. Prepare reports and perform analysis on AHA PAC related activity for specific audiences including PAC Steering Committee, state hospital associations and memberships. This includes tracking and producing regular reports of bill co-sponsorship and signing onto Dear Colleague letters.
9. Maintains content on AHA PAC and VOCUS/AHA Advocacy websites.
10. Assist with planning and implementation of AHA PAC events at the annual meeting and throughout the year. Manage logistics for AHA PAC exhibits at annual meeting. Help organize logistics of AHA PAC sponsored fundraising events for Members of Congress. Assist in AHA PAC online solicitations. Organizes and prepares complex documents requiring the integration of multiple office technology and software applications.
11. Performs administrative support for AHA PAC which includes, but is not limited to: tracking participation, coordinating various letters and correspondence to contributors; and , supporting political affairs team members as well as the Vice President, Political Affairs, and support for Federal Relations weekly meetings with schedules of fundraising event invitations.
12. Perform other responsibilities or special projects as assigned by supervisor.
1. Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science or related field.
2. Required Experience: 3-5 years. Minimum 3 years of experience with a political campaign and/or organization PAC is required. Experience working with a trade or professional association is a plus.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Less than 10%
The American Hospital Association (AHA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call (312) 422-3000 and ask for the Director, Human Resources and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. The AHA participates in the E-Verify Program.
Job Posted: February 20, 2017