AMPAC Membership Coordinator
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America’s physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
We continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and fully participate in the life of the enterprise.
We encourage and support professional development for our employees, and we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn more about us and we look forward to getting to know you.
We have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Washington, DC for a AMPAC Membership Coordinator on our Advocacy team. As a AMPAC Membership Coordinator you will ensure AMPAC compliance with FEC regulations while analyzing all types of contributions to determine that receipts and memberships are accurate for use in AMPAC’s accounting and PAC membership systems. You will also administer database systems used for FEC compliance, PAC membership, and accounting, and provide data analysis to AMPAC membership fundraising staff for fundraising purposes.
- Ensure compliance with Federal Election Commission regulations for AMPAC. Responsible for reviewing all AMPAC contributions to verify compliance with Federal election law. Utilize established methods and develop new technologies and efficiencies to accurately confirm all memberships and applicable member information in AMPAC’s Aristotle membership database for FEC reporting purposes. Produce monthly FEC reports from Aristotle membership database, verify accuracy and present to VP of Political Affairs for submission to FEC.
- Responsible for AMPAC’s website including updating the website to ensure content is current and relevant to the AMA’s and AMPAC’s shifting legislative priorities while resolving any technical issues that arise by serving as the liaison with vendors. Manage website functionality and ensure website integration with Aristotle membership database is functioning correctly. Manage AMPAC’s monthly recurring credit card billing program for AMPAC’s three major donor levels in addition to AMPAC’s online contributions.
- Administer AMPAC Aristotle membership database and serve as the primary contact with database vendor to resolve any technical issues with database and design custom database components when necessary. Work with appropriate AMA staff to ensure accuracy of data in weekly AMA membership data exchange to PAC database. Responsible for pulling member data accurately for AMPAC’s direct mail program 6-8 times per year. Assist AMPAC fundraising staff and RPDs by providing training to enhance their knowledge of functions contained within the Aristotle system.
- Responsible for administering AMPAC’s gift fulfillment program including drafting thank you materials, updating Capitol Club certificates, and working with outside vendors to create Capitol Club directory cover artwork. Supports AMPAC fundraising activities during AMA meetings and conferences.
- Responsible for verifying accuracy of all receipts and disbursements in Aristotle membership database on a monthly basis and all other accounting information in the Aristotle database to ensure FEC compliance.
- Produce and analyze necessary membership data from the Aristotle database for AMPAC’s Direct Mail and Capitol Club Programs. Provide membership reports and fundraising data analysis to Division Director on a monthly basis for internal fundraising planning as well as AMPAC Board fundraising activities.
May include other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in a member association or political action committee is required. Accounting experience is a plus.
- Minimum two years of experience in a professional environment with a demonstrated acumen for database management and FEC Compliance.
- Strong computer literacy including the use of logic to work through technical database issues is required. Knowledge of Microsoft programs, such as Excel is necessary in addition to experience in PAC software systems. Familiarity with website maintenance or development is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at once with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and take on new responsibilities.
- Excellent writing and strong interpersonal skills are required in order to serve as a liaison to physicians and AMA and AMPAC members when inquiries are made regarding contributions that can impact membership.
The American Medical Association is located near Union Station and the Capitol in Washington, D.C.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION
Please apply using this link https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=2&id=1719&source=PACP
Job posted: 2021-08-30