The American Medical Association (AMA)
The The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians, has a dynamic opportunity for the right individual to join our AMPAC team. AMPAC is the bipartisan political action committee of the AMA. The AMPAC Membership Coordinator will ensure AMPAC compliance with FEC regulations while analyzing all types of contributions, including direct and state transmittal receipts to determine that receipts and memberships are accurate for use in AMPAC’s accounting and PAC membership systems.
- Ensure compliance with Federal Election Commission regulations for AMPAC
- Verify and analyze AMPAC receipts from state PACs for compliance
- Update the AMPAC website to ensure content is current and relevant to the AMA’s and AMPAC’s shifting legislative priorities
- Administer AMPAC Aristotle membership database and serve as the primary contact with database vendor to resolve any technical issues
- Entering and verifying accuracy of all receipts and disbursements in the Aristotle membership database
- Produce and analyze necessary membership data from the Aristotle database for AMPAC’s Direct Mail and Capitol Club Programs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in a member association or political action committee is required. Accounting experience is a plus.
- Minimum two years of experience in a professional environment with a demonstrated acumen for database management and FEC Compliance
- Strong computer literacy including the use of logic to work through technical database issues is required. Knowledge of Microsoft programs, such as Excel is necessary in addition to experience in PAC software systems.. Familiarity with website maintainence or development is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at once with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and take on new responsibilities
- Excellent writing and strong interpersonal skills are required in order to serve as a liaison to physicians, state medical society staff and AMPAC members when inquiries are made regarding contributions that can impact membership.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan and excellent benefits. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. The American Medical Association is located near Union Station and the Capitol in Washington D.C.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
Job Posted: February 25, 2017