Analyst, Government Affairs
Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improve business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
The Analyst, Government Affairs position will support and assist the Government Affairs team in Denver including project development efforts, internal and external communications, and event planning throughout the Western region of the United States. This role reports to the Director of Government Affairs in the West covering 14 States. An ideal candidate has experience with project management, strategic outreach, community affairs, campaign management, and grassroots organizing.
- Build public support for development projects and the Invenergy brand
- Work closely with Western region development team; monitor public events, County level hearings, town halls, and assist with project open houses
- Lead community engagement activities, cultivate stakeholders and build partnerships
- Devise and implement strategies for project support campaigns
- Interact with consultants and firms on behalf of Invenergy
- Perform administrative tasks, management of marketing collateral for projects, maintenance of project calendars and CRM entries
- Keep internal teams informed on local level dynamics and update other departments within the company as needed
- A BS or BA from an accredited college program
- 2+ years of experience in project management, communications, public policy, or marketing
- Campaign and grassroots experience a plus
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and SharePoint
- Aptitude for learning management systems such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Oracle ERP
- Consensus building among diverse groups
- Familiarity with energy sector a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in public speaking roles
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and to meet deadlines and complete time-sensitive duties
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or more as needed
We foster an entrepreneurial culture driven by teamwork and collaboration. In fields spanning engineering, development, finance, legal, government affairs, communications and information technology, we are led by an experienced leadership team that has worked together in the clean energy industry for more than 25 years. At Invenergy, you will work in a dynamic environment in which you can utilize and develop your technical expertise to solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-11