Analyst, Government Relations (judiciary/commerce)
Full Job Description
Invariant, a bipartisan government relations and communications firm providing strategic advice to companies, trade associations, non-profits, and individuals, seeks an Analyst, Government Relations to join our growing team working on technology, antitrust, and commerce issues. You’ll work directly with our lobbyists to gain valuable insights into the policy making process and develop your network on the Hill and around the city.
Invariant is defined by our commitment to clients, excellence, and results.
What you’ll do
- Research and draft policy updates, issue papers, one pagers, and other collateral for distribution to clients, as well as Capitol Hill, the Administration, and other external audiences.
- Provide coverage of hearings, third-party events, and monitor and track federal legislation and regulations.
- Spot issues and disseminate timely information to clients, and become an expert on client issues.
- Coordinate meetings on behalf of clients with federal policymakers, external stakeholders, and others.
- Support new business opportunities.
Who you are
- Strong researcher and writer with the ability to interpret Washington for a variety of audiences and spot trends to see around corners.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines with a focus on detail and precision.
- Comfortable and adaptive when working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Solid communication skills and ability to manage both up and down.
- Goal-oriented team player focused on adding value, deepening knowledge, and increasing efficiencies.
- Proactive and creative.
- 12-18 months of experience, preferably on Capitol Hill, with demonstrated familiarity with the federal legislative process, federal agencies, and relevant third parties and associations.
- Fun person with a good sense of humor.
The firm offers unlimited vacation time, generous health care and retirement benefits, and advancement opportunities.
Invariant is committed to creating a diverse culture and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-11