Analyst, Government Relations
The Analyst, Government Relations position will focus on supporting the Partnership’s government relations efforts. This individual will work directly with the Plains Communications and Government Relations team and interact with multiple disciplines within the Partnership to support effective public affairs efforts, including monitoring legislative and regulatory issues, analyzing pending policy proposals, developing and coordinating public affairs strategies and engaging with public officials and their staff. The Analyst is responsible for assisting in the development, coordination and implementation of issue-specific public affairs plans and programs. Additionally, the Analyst will be involved in monitoring activities that may affect the public perception of the Partnership and in preparing Plains to communicate effectively with government stakeholders during incidents related to the Partnership’s assets.
The Analyst, Government Relations will serve as an integral member of the Plains Communications and Government Relations team, providing support in the following activities:
- Legislative Monitoring –Identify and analyze legislative proposals which may impact the Partnership’s business and manage the tracking and reporting of all legislative issues of relevance within legislative tracking database
- State and Federal Government Relations – Support ongoing engagement initiatives with state and federal public officials in communities where Plains operates, including developing briefing materials for colleagues and senior executive leaders
- Issues Management – Work with the Government Relations team and other groups within the Partnership to develop public affairs plans and collateral materials tailored to address specific needs of each project or issue
- Political Activity Support – Provide support to the Partnership’s political giving activities, including supporting administration of Plains’ employee-funded Political Action Committee
- Background Materials Development – create and/or maintain reference materials for colleagues and leadership
- Government Relations Measurement and Reporting – Maintain and analyze GR-related data that demonstrates ongoing success, including reports to leadership, Intranet stories or social media content production, etc.
- Incident Response – Participate in regular incident communications training and drills
- Corporate Communications Support – Time permitting, support additional Communications & Government Relations activities, including media relations, social media management, internal communications, corporate website and intranet updates, news release drafting and distribution
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a focus in Government, Journalism or Communications, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2-4 years prior communications or government relations experience required; public affairs and energy experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective collaborative working relationships with internal and external personnel at all levels, and from a variety of disciplines
- Strong expertise using Microsoft Office suite for document/materials development
- Experience utilizing a database or database-driven tool to manage legislative monitoring and analysis highly preferred
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of legislative processes
- Solid attention to detail
- Results-oriented team player
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Highest standard of personal ethics and integrity supported by open and honest communication
- Ability to travel (~10%) and work overtime, as required
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Attention: Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruitment agencies, either submitted through this website or directly to Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. employees.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-09