Analyst Policy Senior
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
Responsible for developing and implementing a data governance structure and process to track and validate progress toward SRP’s 2035 sustainability goals. internal corporate sustainability strategy programs. Represents SRP with internal and external audiences, applying industry knowledge and experience to advance strategic objectives, facilitate employee, customer and shareholder engagement while ensuring SRP’s business interests are served. Monitors and analyzes trends, regulatory action and other activities affecting industry interests. Develops recommendations to SRP executive management positions on critical issues and strategies for implementation.
- Track and analyze internal data and metrics. Work with corporate ITS and internal business areas to lead the implementation and expansion of improved sustainability data management practices.
- Perform internal and external sustainability benchmarking activities to help SRP understand how we compare to other utilities and organizations.
- Develop SRP’s sustainability communications and reporting efforts via print, social media and the internet.
- Lead regular development of a GHG inventory documenting SRP’s carbon footprint.
- Conduct research on a variety of sustainability issues including; sustainability goals, ESG, greenhouse gas emissions, reporting frameworks, workforce trends, employee engagement, and others.
- Inform SRP decision-makers of emerging sustainability trends by creating succinct research pieces and presentations.
- Participate in internal technical teams and external industry sustainability groups.
- Assist in the development/management of internal employee engagement programs and events.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three years experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
For Senior Level: Minimum five years utility-related experience in planning, environmental affairs, public affairs or finance. Must be highly specialized in the area of utility regulation, economics and operations, especially as it relates to climate change, reregulation, rate structures and utility financing requirements.
- 3+ years experience working in sustainability field.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong writing experience for a variety of internal and external corporate documents.
- Familiarity with business trends, challenges and customers trends in sustainability.
- Understanding of Greenhouse Gas Protocol and sustainability reporting frameworks.
- Database management and analysis experience preferred.
Requisition ID: 11870
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law.
Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP’s success is rooted in our employees’ happiness, health and safety. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-29