Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Analyst, Political Programs-2306122199W
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $93.8 billion in 2021 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. is recruiting for a Part Time Analyst, Political Programs, located in Washington, DC.
The Analyst, Political Programs will provide general support to the Political Programs and U.S. Government Affairs teams and will have solid understanding of grassroots advocacy, campaign finance, and lobbying disclosure concepts at the state and federal level.
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external partners at all levels, including on confidential and critical matters as well as know and adhere to the Johnson & Johnson Code of Business Conduct and demonstrate behaviors consistent with Our Credo values.
- Plan and assist with execution of internal programs including, but not limited to, fundraisers, roundtables, board meetings, donor recognition, Get Out the Vote, and grassroots activations.
- Maintain calendar of political fundraiser attendance, provide internal updates, and arrange for disbursement of all political contributions.
- Facilitate Political Programs requests from internal and external stakeholders, including the planning and coordination of U.S. based facility visits and maintenance of team assignments for ad hoc communications.
- Support updates for data driven workstreams to support internal analytics.
- Prepare agreements and contracts with outside consultants and vendors, submit purchase orders and/or check requisitions in compliance with Johnson & Johnson company policies.
- Coordinate electronic file management of contracts and agreements to ensure version control and organization.
- Make, track, and provide updates on bank deposits and program enrollment.
- Work on special projects, as directed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education is required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in government relations, advocacy, or a related field.
Experience and Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including intermediate to advanced proficiency in Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- The ability to anticipate stakeholder needs without direct instruction and to be proactive in addressing them is required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with a proven ability to collaborate well with colleagues is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage, prioritize, and meet demanding deadlines.
- Proficiency with campaign finance computer software is preferred.
- This position may require approximately 5% domestic travel.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-22