Analyst, Public Policy
The Economist Group’s Public Policy Consulting practice specialises in evidence-based insights that deliver actionable insights and raise awareness on the biggest issues facing our world. Uniquely, we combine the depth of a think tank with the reach of a global media company. Our clients include leading companies, governments and non-profits.
We are recruiting for an Analyst to work within an internationally-focused and diverse team. The successful candidate will help to support our consulting projects, and to deliver bespoke research to a standard of excellence. This candidate should have a keen interest in understanding the biggest forces shaping economies, markets and policies, and a natural curiosity.
This role will be based out of our offices in either Washington, D.C. or New York City.
How you will contribute
- Deliver high quality research outputs for client projects, including economic analysis, benchmarking, policy analysis, data collection and analytics, literature reviews, scenario analysis, custom modelling, and presentations
- Work collaboratively with project teams to deliver projects on time and to a standard of excellence
- Help to prepare scoping documents and proposals for potential clients, helping to interpret their research requirements
- Develop new methods and approaches for research that will help to scale up the business and to ensure consistent quality of output
- Maintain effective relationships with other parts of the Economist Intelligence Unit, including Sales, Country Analysis, and Thought Leadership
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role are
- Two years previous experience in a role related to research and analysis, ideally in the context of client projects; exposure to a consulting environment and supporting senior consultants
- Bachelor’s and/or Masters Degree in Economics, Government Affairs, Public Policy, International Relations, or STEM
- A strong understanding of macroeconomic and demographic concepts; strong comfort with data and data analysis; familiarity with a range of policy sectors, including development economics, sustainability, hunger, finance, technology, etc
- Excellent attention to detail
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent written and spoken English skills
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel; excellent communication skills
Job posted: 2021-03-22