Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Analyst – Southeast Asia
The Asia Group (TAG) is now accepting applications on a rolling basis for an analyst to join our Washington, DC office (will consider remote postings on a case-by-case basis) for the spring of 2023 (January – May) and a negotiable start date of January 9, 2023. This analyst will support the Southeast Asia portfolio with a general geographic focus on Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, and the Philippines.
TAG is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies, stakeholder engagement strategies, and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific region. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: technology, media, and telecommunications; financial services; autos; energy; pharmaceuticals; transportation; hospitality; and aerospace and defense. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, creativity and entrepreneurialism, and our operational culture is fast-paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun.
The Asia Group is looking for highly motivated candidates who either have or are working toward a Master’s degree in international relations, political science, and/or Asian studies, or an MBA or Law Degree (JD/LLM). Relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of graduate studies for exceptional candidates.
- Conducting market, industry, and political research and analysis and business due diligence
- Drafting memos and background materials to support client deliverables
- Tracking regional political developments as well as market and industry trends impacting client equities
- Providing logistical support as needed
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Capacity for quick turnaround of high-quality written materials
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and demonstrated fluency in PowerPoint
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
Desired Focus and Expertise:
- Strong grasp of political and economic trends in multiple Southeast Asian markets
- Functional understanding of U.S. Government agencies conducting foreign policy
- Private sector experience or demonstrated interest in business and investment issues in Asia and/or relevant public sector work experience
- Language proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia or Bahasa Malay
Internships at The Asia Group are paid and include health and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. For this position, TAG is seeking candidates capable of working 40 hours per week. Work for this internship is expected to be conducted remotely at the outset but may transition to in office work for analysts resident in Washington DC. Fully remote candidates may be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Asia Group typically hires analysts on a trimester schedule – Fall (August/September start), Spring (January start), and Summer (June start) – for a four-month appointment that can be extended by an additional four months through mutual agreement.
Applications for this position will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
All interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a two-page analytical writing sample to email@example.com and complete the relevant application forms at https://theasiagroup.com/careers/.
Job posted: 2022-11-05