Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Anti-Racism, Anti-Bias, Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator
FCNL has an 80-year history of public policy for peace and justice on behalf of Quakers. FCNL recently updated its Anti-Racism, Anti-Bias, Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (AJEDI) commitments, and the AJEDI Coordinator will partner with the Associate General Secretary for Community and Culture in leading FCNL’s dynamic engagement with these commitments. The AJEDI Coordinator will collaborate with FCNL’s staff, network, and governors in tracking and advancing the organization’s AJEDI work.
Essential Job Duties:
- Co-clerk staff Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action Committee (IDEAC)
- Partner with the AGS for Community and Culture, Community and Culture Department, and IDEAC to ensure that AJEDI commitments are being implemented across the organization and in developing and leading strategies and initiatives to continue to advance and track their implementation.
- Collaborate with the AGS for Community and Culture and IDEAC in crafting and leading AJEDI programming, trainings, and materials for the FCNL staff and network.
- Support and steward the restorative processes for staff, network, and governors.
- Remain up to date on AJEDI best practices and suggest ways that FCNL can continue to evolve in its AJEDI commitments.
- Serve as a resource for staff with AJEDI questions and concerns. Bring any urgent and/or sensitive AJEDI matters to the attention of the AGS for Community and Culture, and support the AGS in cultivating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive working environment.
- Support work to increase the diversity of FCNL’s staff, network, and governors.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Job Qualifications
- A minimum of three years leading AJEDI initiatives.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse teams or communities.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- A dedication to the FCNL mission and AJEDI commitments.
- A commitment to confidentiality and to avoiding gossip and divisiveness.
- Comfort with working in an environment guided by Quaker principles and practices.
- Ability to engage in difficult conversations and manage interpersonal conflicts.
- College degree or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Preferred experience working with restorative practices.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- This job requires occasional travel, including overnight travel within the US.
Compensation & Work Expectations
- Salary starts at $58,000 – $68,000 and is negotiable based on skills and experience.
- This is a full-time nonexempt position, based on a 37.5-hour workweek. This person is expected to work in-person 1-2 days a week.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, flexible spending account, dependent care account, short-term & long-term disability; monthly cellphone/internet stipend, employer paid life insurance; 12+ paid holidays; vacation; sick leave; personal days; volunteer time off, wellness initiatives; educational support; healthcare stipend; maternity/paternity leave; employee assistance programs, generous employer contributions to the retirement plan, and employer-paid benefits with Capital Bikeshare and WMATA.
FCNL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, military service, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Job posted: 2023-08-24