Area Manager, Environment & Public Affairs
The role of the Area Manager, Environmental and Public Affairs, is to provide leadership and technical expertise on sustainable environmental performance at the Paulding, OH plant and assigned facilities. This includes implementation of internal environmental policies, programs and standards while ensuring environmental compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local regulations. The person in this role is an integral member of the facility management team and is expected to act as a role model on all safety behavior and policy compliance, while helping to create and maintain a high performance culture.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Manage the implementation of environmental policies and practices at the assigned facilities to ensure full regulatory compliance.
- Interact with Federal, State and local inspectors during on-site inspections.
- Compliance with the local permit requirements (sampling, inspections, reporting, and renewals) that may include contractor compliance and pollution prevention activities.
- Manage and support the implementation of and compliance with all environmental related programs at all of the assigned operations.
- Facilitate environmental auditing processes and ensure effective implementation of the findings related to this activity.
- Prepare environmental documentation for approval and license/permit applications for new or existing operations ensuring they are completed accurately, completely and on time.
- Coordinate and ensure that all environmental monitoring and recordkeeping occurs at each of the assigned locations
- Provide environmental training to on-site employees and contractors of the assigned facilities to ensure that they recognize their own contribution to improved environmental performance.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise on regulatory requirements for current and future operations.
- Assist government affairs team in state trade association engagement (environmental scope) with two-way communication, lead with respect to environmental visibility and emerging issues, coordinating site/terminal business development opportunities with government affairs team.
- Prepare environmental related budgets at each assigned location.
- Understand and keep abreast of current with all Federal, State and Local environmental legal requirements and monitor developments and/or changes.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- The Area Environmental and Public Affairs Manager will work closely with peers in the Environmental organization.
- While this position reports to an Environmental Director, the Manager will also receive direction from other Directors and the Compliance Managers.
- Working with Government Affairs personnel, assist with government affairs efforts at the plant level and coaching/leadership with respect to the PAC and government affairs priorities.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with site and area operations managers to ensure a dialog is maintained and the Manager is able to provide the required level of assistance and coordination with operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor’s/Undergraduate Degree
Additional Education Preferred: Master’s/Graduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Engineering or related technical discipline.
Required Work Experience: 10-15 years
Required Computer and Software Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software
Travel Requirements: 20%
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to interpret rules and regulations.
Job posted: 2020-06-03