Assistant Director, Education Communications and Strategy
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks an Assistant Director, Education Communications and Strategy to develop and execute communication strategies and tactics designed to elevate the profile and extend the reach of Wolf Trap Foundation’s nationally recognized arts education programs including Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts; Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods; Grants to High School Performing Arts Teachers; and Internships and Apprenticeships. Communicate the value and impact of Wolf Trap’s educational programs by creating content that positions Wolf Trap among key audiences. Work across the organization to facilitate knowledge sharing and ensure consistency in education messaging.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic Planning & Project Management:
· Develop and execute a Wolf Trap Education communications plan that includes institutional goals and communication strategies with a strong emphasis on thought leadership and stakeholder engagement.
· Develop and manage a long-term digital strategy for all Education web-based communications on wolftrap.org, education.wolftrap.org, and other digital and social media platforms.
· Cultivate targeted positioning opportunities for local and national visibility/brand awareness and plan and execute Wolf Trap Education thought leadership events.
· Contribute to Wolf Trap Education’s overall strategic planning efforts.
Content and Asset Development:
· Craft and deploy articles, blogs, how-tos, tip sheets, brochures, web copy, social media updates, etc. and contribute to Foundation publications to highlight Wolf Trap’s role as a leader in arts education.
· Review, edit, and revise materials created by Education subject-matter experts for communications and promotional purposes. Assist Education team in drafting talking points and presentations for conferences, speaking engagements, and other public events.
· Develop, maintain, and disseminate key facts regarding Education programs.
· Oversee a multimedia asset library including photo, video, and audio for Education programs.
Stakeholder Engagement and Partner Mobilization:
· Work closely with Education staff to cultivate a network of nonprofit and educational organizations with a stake in Wolf Trap’s mission. Assist in identifying opportunities to mobilize networks and partners (including prospective Wolf Trap Institute Affiliate partners), and draft content accordingly.
· Deploy grassroots and other marketing strategies to engage and build Children’s Theater-in-the-Woods audience.
· Support communication efforts of Institute affiliates and ensure alignment to the Wolf Trap brand by providing messaging for their websites, social media, and grassroots mobilization efforts including affiliate photo sharing, video production, social media engagement, etc.
· Ensure alignment to Communication and Marketing best practices, goals, work flows, and deadlines through regular meetings and accountability to Director, Communications and Marketing.
· Ensure consistency in Education messaging. Assist team members across departments in building their internal capacities to communicate effectively about the impact and value of Wolf Trap’s Education programs.
· Serve as the primary liaison between Education and the Communications and Marketing teams.
· Identify newsworthy opportunities within Education’s program activities. Contribute to a culture of news-making within the Education and Communications and Marketing teams.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism
· 6-8 years’ experience in communications, preferably on behalf of an arts, education, social services, or related non-profit
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· In-depth knowledge of education, early childhood, professional development, and/or arts education; understanding of issues relevant to the early childhood space
· Proven experience with the communications and marketing strategies needed to reach education influencers
· Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, and experience writing across a variety of styles and media
· Ability to identify and lead new initiatives across the education programs
· Flexible and able to collaborate effectively with multiple and varied stakeholders
· Experience with web-based and multimedia technologies for communications or the demonstrated ability to acquire new technical skills
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
· Ability to work occasional nights and weekends in support of various Education events and activities
· Must pass a background check
· Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Qualified candidates can apply online at https://jobapply.page.link/qhWZ
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted: 2019-10-22