Assistant Director, PAC
The Mortgage Bankers Association Political Action Committee (MORPAC) is seeking an Assistant Director to manage the daily activities related to growing the PAC for the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA). The candidate must be detail-oriented, enthusiastic, well-organized, possess strong time management skills and maintain the ability and proper judgment to responsibly and securely handle large sums of money.
The incumbent will assist the Associate Vice President (AVP) of Political Affairs and coordinate with the Associate PAC Director (APD) in the development and execution of an expanded set of PAC fundraising initiatives, as well as the day-to-day administrative functions of MORPAC. Approximately 15% travel is required for this position.
- Assist AVP of Political Affairs, APD and SVP of Legislative and Political Affairs in developing and executing fundraising initiatives for the PAC with a singular focus on growth.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of MORPAC including, but not limited to processing contributions, recordkeeping in accordance with the FEC guidelines, managing all aspects of the disbursement budget, updating and maintaining PAC records including prior authorizations, pledge forms, and thank you letters.
- Execute MORPAC company fundraising campaigns throughout the year that include but not limited to regular communications with members, internal and external reporting of contributions.
- In coordination with the AVP and APD, develop a MORPAC Ambassadors program to recruit, train, and maintain a community of dedicated industry peer to peer PAC advocates to coordinate and supervise broader fundraising activities by providing guidance and training to include PAC best practices, webinars and other materials as needed.
- Conduct donor prospecting and outreach with the intent of growing the PAC in heretofore underutilized industry segments.
- Prepare thank you letters, newsletters, low donor solicitations and other relevant MORPAC-related correspondence.
- Assist in recapturing lagging donors and e-contributors on a monthly basis.
- In coordination with the AVP and APD, develop and maintain professional relationships with all MORPAC Committee members and other MBA leaders and members that are appropriate PAC donor prospects (e.g., Board, BOG, committee and council members, etc.).
- Manage and update MORPAC website content on a regular and frequent basis.
- Assist in the development of weekly correspondence with the MORPAC Chairman.
- Compile a monthly PAC report for the MORPAC Chairman and relevant committee and MBA staff.
- Develop and implement a major donor recognition program, including the PAC Speaker Series.
- Keep abreast of industry trends for PAC programs as well as any new changes to federal campaign finance laws and recommend implementation for MORPAC if needed.
- Coordinate with the AVP and Senior Grassroots Advocacy Assistant to ensure PAC communications and materials support larger association advocacy goals and initiatives.
- Provide assistance to the LPA and residential/commercial/multifamily policy teams with assigned projects on an as-needed basis.
This position description should not be construed to contain every function and/or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other functions as assigned.
Undergraduate degree in political science, communications or public policy with a minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible experience in political fundraising or managing/building a PAC or PAC programs with demonstrated success. Advanced skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and knowledge of Aristotle and database management software considered a strong plus.
Candidate must possess strong verbal communication and writing skills both creative and journalistic. Candidate must also be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and deliverables that can change within the same week or even the same day. A strong interpersonal skill-set with confident sales/fundraising capabilities is a must.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-22