Assistant Director, Public Relations and External Communications
- Develop and execute impactful public relations strategies and campaigns for Jazz at Lincoln Center season concerts and Dizzy’s Club, featured artists and organization spokespersons.
- Manage Social Media Manager and oversee Jazz at Lincoln Center Social Media activities, strategy and content.
- Serve as public relations lead on high-profile season concerts in Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Rose Theater and The Appel Room.
- Draft effective public relations materials including press releases, talking points, media alerts and pitches for concerts and Dizzy’s Club sets and festivals.
- In collaboration with Social Media Manager, create compelling Social Media strategies for performances, tours, education and advocacy activities and events with goals toward growth and high engagement.
- Secure interviews and appearances for featured artists and leadership in top tier print, online, broadcast and social media opportunities.
- Distribute items and photos to media prior to and following concerts and club sets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with members of traditional media, bloggers, social media influencers, and artists’ and arts organizations’ public relations representatives.
- Coordinate press ticket requests and photo and broadcast assignments for season concerts and Dizzy’s Club.
- Oversee media activity at Jazz at Lincoln Center events when required.
- Maintain knowledge of PR industry, trends, and developing tools.
- Represent PR and External Communications at performing arts events and conferences.
- Provide support to Public Relations and External Communications Director and PR Associate when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years public relations experience preferably in performing arts, music, or entertainment fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal and external communications.
- Knowledge of jazz history, experience and familiarity with contemporary jazz artists a bonus.
- Established relationships with members in print, online and broadcast media required.
- Proven success in planning and executing social media campaigns required.
- Supervisory skills a plus.
- Team player who works collaboratively among the group and with internal executives and outside constituents.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines across multiple projects.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including generous vacation time, medical, dental, a defined contribution plan and deferred compensation plans. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include Assistant Director, Public Relations and External Communications in the subject line. Jazz at Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2019-08-22