Assistant Director of Tax Legislative Affairs #2071
Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You’ll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm’s decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as an Assistant Director of Tax Legislative Affairs might include:
- Manage and participate in Firm legislative initiatives, including monitoring proposed legislation, analysis of enacted legislative changes and education regarding changes in the tax law.
- Assist Firm professionals in implementing legislative changes, including tax planning related to changes in the tax law.
- Monitor proposed and final tax regulations issued by the Department of Treasury. Assist Firm professionals in developing and presenting comments and testimony on regulatory matters as needed.
- Speak on legislative matters at events and seminars.
- Develop materials on legislative matters for presentation by firm professionals.
- Oversee and develop firm publications related to legislative and regulatory developments.
- Network, build relationships and attract new clients or business for the Firm.
- Develop and present internal and external webcasts focused on Washington developments, including pending legislation and the outlook for regulatory guidance.
- Represent the firm in Washington based activities, including participation in coalitions where appropriate.
Who You Are
- You are driven to be a participant in the tax legislative and regulatory process.
- You enjoy keeping up-to-date on the ever-changing tax industry’s regulations and policies.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a knack for solving problems and easily notice issues while bringing solutions to the table
- You plan to maintain a residence in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- You have the ability to transition to leadership of the Firm’s Washington, D.C. office over the next three years.
- In addition to all of this, you have at least 10 years’ experience in the Washington tax legislative and regulatory environment as a Congressional staffer, journalist, company representative or the legislative branch of a law or accounting firm. Up to 5 years of practice as a tax accountant or attorney can be substituted for an equal number of years in Washington.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We’ll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-09