Assistant General Counsel and Director of Government Affairs Compliance
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark is seeking an Assistant General Counsel and Director of Government Affairs Compliance responsible for advising the business and leading the compliance strategy for government affairs matters. The position is based in Philadelphia and reports to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Develop, implement and monitor government affairs compliance policies and programs, including requirements relating to diverse supplier / MWBE, government contracts, the False Claims Act, federal contracts / FAR, state and local requirements, federal and state lobbying, political contributions, pay-to-play laws, gifts and entertainment, conflicts of interest, and anti-corruption / FCPA.
- Advise and educate business on government affairs compliance matters.
- Work closely with sales, legal colleagues, supply chain, and operations personnel to review and provide advice on requests for proposals and bid responses.
- Manage Aramark PAC and registration and reporting requirements for federal and state lobbyists.
- Draft and negotiate complex customer, supplier and partnership agreements.
- Interpret contracts and advise clients on discrete contractual questions and commercial disputes relating to government affairs issues.
- Manage internal investigations and responses to government inquiries.
- Manage outside counsel and oversee their work.
- Mentor and develop legal and compliance professionals.
- Travel as needed (5%).
In addition to excellent written and oral communication skills, the preferred candidate will demonstrate strong analytical ability and initiative, and both interpersonal skills and client-service skills consistent with the highest professional standards. The preferred candidate will have all or most of the following attributes and experience:
- A seasoned and effective lawyer. Demonstrates a high degree of client acceptability, with a high level of confidence exhibited in client interactions. Possesses excellent client-service skills and an ability to interact with and effectively advise senior business leaders.
- Executive presence. Demonstrates the ability to establish credibility at senior organizational levels and win respect from all organizational levels with the ability to influence indirectly. In key client interactions, presents ideas logically, assertively and effectively. Facilitates consensus and uses it effectively to resolve conflict and overcome resistance.
- Strong and effective judgment. Thinks logically and exercises well-developed and independent judgment to produce creative and constructive solutions under pressure. Demonstrates experienced and seasoned strategic and analytic approach to solving clients’ legal needs. Demonstrates professional and personal ethics and integrity.
- High-level creative and pragmatic problem solver. Handles and brings complex and sophisticated legal matters to a successful conclusion with minimal supervision. Can resolve, or lead the resolution of, critical legal issues faced by Aramark’s businesses with a focus on identifying and adding enterprise value.
- High level of industry. Shows a self-reliant work ethic and a high level of productivity and efficiency.
- Solid, self-assured leader. Demonstrates effective leadership skills, including strong focus on managing and developing team members.
- Strong communicator and collaborator. Communicates and collaborates effectively and skillfully with colleagues and clients, both orally and in writing.
- A J.D. with excellent academic credentials;
- 5+ years’ experience in a top law firm, sophisticated corporate legal department and/or regulatory agency;
- Current Pennsylvania bar admission or admission in another jurisdiction with the ability and interest in becoming licensed to practice in Pennsylvania.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-06