Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Assistant General Counsel – Product Regulatory
Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Micron Technology is a world leader in innovating memory and storage solutions that accelerate the transformation of information into intelligence, inspiring the world to learn, communicate and advance faster than ever.
Senior Legal Business Partner
Micron is seeking an experienced, business-facing attorney to join its rapidly growing, world class Legal Department. The attorney will be a trusted business partner to Micron’s multi-billion-dollar Business Units and Sales teams and will be responsible for a wide range of complex domestic and international customer engagements and commercial transactions. The attorney will interact closely with Micron’s executive team to develop strategies that achieve product development, marketing, and sales goals while managing risk. Micron’s work environment is exciting and dynamic, and the future is brighter than ever, with a planned investment of $150B over the next ten years to develop and deliver the innovative technologies the world will need to enable pervasive data-driven experiences that enrich life for all.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide pragmatic, business-oriented legal advice and solutions to support business teams in meeting strategic and commercial goals and enhancing customer relationships
- Review, negotiate and draft a variety of commercial agreements, waivers, disclaimers, quality requirements, marketing materials and other documents supporting the marketing, sales and qualification of Micron’s products
- Assist business teams with planning and development of new product initiatives and growing opportunities in existing and future market segments
- Provide legal support relating to semiconductor industry standards for mobile, networking, AI, automotive, IOT, medical, cyber security and other applications
- Perform a vital cross-functional role with other legal teams and organizations, including supply chain, engineering, quality and security, in connection with a variety of operational, commercial, compliance and risk-related matters
- Provide proactive legal assistance to address safety issues related to technology applications
The ideal candidate has:
- At least ten years of experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, along with an excellent working and practical knowledge of commercial law across geographies
- Experience defining and reviewing quality requirements, agreements and claims
- A strong executive presence in interactions with senior leadership
- The ability to collaborate and build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others
- Business acumen, a strategic perspective, and a high degree of ethics and integrity
- Experience working in an in-house legal environment
- Top law firm and corporate experience in the semiconductor or adjacent industry
Education, Admission, and Geographic Requirements
- JD from an ABA accredited law school and a current member of the bar in good standing
- Located within a reasonable distance from a Micron office, or willing to relocate
As a world leader in the semiconductor industry, Micron is dedicated to your personal wellbeing and professional growth. Micron benefits are designed to help you stay well, provide peace of mind and help you prepare for the future. We offer a choice of medical, dental and vision plans in all locations enabling team members to select the plans that best meet their family healthcare needs and budget. Micron also provides benefit programs that help protect your income if you are unable to work due to illness or injury, and paid family leave. Additionally, Micron benefits include a robust paid time-off program and paid holidays. For additional information regarding the Benefit programs available, please see the Benefits Guide posted on micron.com/careers/benefits.
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To learn about your right to work click here.
To learn more about Micron, please visit micron.com/careers
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at email@example.com or 1-800-336-8918 (select option #3)
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-29