Assistant, Global Public Relations
Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last—for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands committed to stretching what’s possible.
Assistant, Global PR – OPEN POSITION
Primary Purpose: The Assistant, Global PR is responsible the coordination and management of all PR samples globally, acting as a critical member of the Global Public Relations team and as a gatekeeper of the sample closet. This person will report to the Senior Manager, Global PR.
- Support Global PR team with all national men’s and women’s PR initiatives
- Establish and maintain relationships with key editors, stylists, and writers
- Manage logistics for daily sample requests from national media outlets
- Maintain organization of PR office and sample closet
- Organize, track and maintain product daily in Launchmetrics/Fashion GPS
- Liaise with internal teams (VIP, Visual Merchandising, Creative, Wholesale) and international business units for sample requests and seasonal photo shoots
- Handle credits and fact-checking for all men’s and women’s placements
- Compile daily/weekly editorial reports, working closely with Brand Communications team on weekly/monthly recaps
- Work closely with intern on day-to-day tasks
- Work on all team-wide PR initiatives (parties, launches, events, strategy sessions, etc.); collaborate on and contribute ideas for men’s and women’s PR initiatives
- Stay informed on all industry news and research best practices, especially regarding competitors
The accomplished individual will possess…
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1+ years of relevant PR experience
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with and influence internal and external partners
- Self-starter with strong initiative, ownership and accountability for business
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure, fast paced, deadline driven environment
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-31