Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Assistant Manager of Government Relations
The American Payroll Association (APA) is the nation’s leader in payroll education, publications, and training. This non-profit association conducts more than 300 payroll training conferences and seminars across the country each year in addition to producing a variety of publications geared to the payroll professional.
We are currently in search of an Assistant Manager of Government Relations. The goal of this position is to raise awareness with regulatory agencies and legislative bodies about matters affecting the payroll professional on behalf of the American Payroll Association (APA) and its affiliated companies. The successful candidate reviews and analyses legislation, educates policymakers, and creates content for publication for print and digital distribution. The Assistant Manager of Government Relations works in a relationship-building and political-facing environment.
Some of the main responsibilities of this job include:
- Works with members to reach out to government leaders to advance APA’s positions and recommendations.
- Creates, edits, and updates content for print or digital publication.
- Conducts research, studies, and monitors proposed legislation and regulations that affect payroll professionals.
- Identifies and interacts with appropriate persons, groups, and public officials.
- Speaks to individuals or groups on policy issues.
- Conducts media interviews and makes public appearances to support APA’s goals and objectives; assists with development of press releases.
- Bachelor’s Degree. A Bachelor’s Degree may be replaced with a combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of Government Relations experience.
APA offers employees outstanding benefits, a casual work environment, and paid holidays- including company closure from Christmas to the New Year!
Due to COVID-19, this position is temporarily remote-based and will return to an office setting at some point in the future.
No Recruiters – Unsolicited resumes are not eligible for fees
Candidates can click on this link to apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/
Job posted: 2022-08-29