Assistant Manager of Health Policy
Coordinates with members of the Health Policy Department/Council, Coding Committee,
Coverage/Payor Policy Review Committees, Research Council and others in the development and
implementation of health policy, coding/reimbursement, and research projects. Provides administrative
support, including assisting with meeting agendas and minutes and maintaining committee
rosters/mailing lists. Assists with developing member education materials and resources on coding,
reimbursement, and regulatory policy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide substantial project management assistance to the Director of Regulatory Affairs with
oversight of coding, reimbursement, and regulatory policy issues, including developing and
reviewing CPT code applications, preparing RUC surveys and meeting materials, and reviewing and
developing comments to regulatory agencies. After initial training period, this position will assume
primary management of at least one of these project areas.
• Serve as primary staff contact for all member coding inquiries.
• Assist Oversee project management of Common Coding Scenarios for Spine Care, including
working with internal staff and the Coding Committee.
• Serve as primary administrative staff for the Coding Committee and Health Policy Council.
• Assist with preparing recommendations/reports for the Board, Councils and committees,
publications and other documents reflecting background, policy positions, etc., translating
complex concepts into easily understood documents. Participates in promotion of activities of the
society through development of web site/publication content and promotion of
• Provide administrative support to Associate Executive Director of Health Policy as needed.
• Provide administrative support to NASS’ Evidence-Analysis and Research activities and
Coverage/Payor Policy Review Committees as needed.
• Assist Director of Regulatory Affairs in arranging meetings with internal and external groups and
also assist the division in improving communication/collaboration with other societies
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Health Policy or related field preferred
Candidate should have 1-2 years of experience in either an association or health care setting.
• Strong communication skills for developing and maintaining internal and external business
• Excellent organizational and planning skills to manage multiple projects in a deadline-oriented
environment and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Understanding of and experience with the health care system and CPT coding terminology
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and 365 as well as videoconferencing programs. Experience with
CRM software a plus.
• Extensive contact within Health Policy Division staff
• Education, Publications, IT & Membership Departments
• May require travel 2-3 times per year for conferences and other events.
Normal office environment
Exposure to glare/eyestrain of computer screen
Periodic evening/weekend conference calls and in-person meetings
Job posted: 2021-05-04