Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Assistant Manager, Public Affairs
As a member of the Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) Public Affairs team, the Assistant Manager, Public Affairs will work cross-functionally to help devise communications materials and campaigns tied to The Walt Disney Company’s extensive retail, consumer products, games and publishing offerings, specifically through the lens of issues management. The Public Affairs team works closely with stakeholders across the Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products (DPEP) business as well as other communications teams to help protect and enhance the reputation of the segment and the company. The ideal candidate will have experience managing issues, spanning both proactive and reactive efforts, as well as a passion for media monitoring and data-driven communications.
This unique role will provide critical support on a variety of projects related to Public Affairs, with a strong focus on traditional and social media monitoring and analysis, influencer identification and outreach and marketplace intelligence. Additional opportunities to assist in projects related to diversity, equity and inclusion, sustainability and business positioning storytelling will also be available.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Public Affairs, social monitoring platforms, media relations or PR, strong writing skills and familiarity with issues management. The candidate should also have the ability to synthesize large amounts of information into compelling, actionable insights, and an understanding of the media landscape.
- Serve on crisis communications response team, monitoring relevant breaking news and supporting the creation of coverage reports with actionable qualitative and quantitative insights
- Consistently read, watch, listen, and engage with traditional and social media to stay apprised of evolutions in the consumer and media landscapes
- Conduct research, assist with social media analyses and draft reports for issue-based monitoring
- Support the execution of CPGP’s issue-based public affairs campaigns and influencer program
- Provide support for select aspects of business intelligence program through guided marketplace monitoring
- Draft written materials, influencer pitches, messaging, Q&As, daily news briefs and presentations
- Maintain calendars, archival information and media resources
- Collaborate with Public Relations, Corporate Citizenship, Internal Communications, Executive Communications and Franchise teams to help ensure proactive and reactive integrated communications efforts for CPGP
- 3+ years of related communications experience
- Excellent project management and research skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with media monitoring tools such as Cision and Critical Mention
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and present in a clear, concise, and readable manner
- Ability to efficiently juggle a number projects simultaneously by deadline
- An approach that features a high degree of professionalism and commitment
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work independently, to take initiative, and to collaborate with others who may have diverse communication and work styles.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change, along with the ability to weigh the needs of varied, often conflicting, stakeholders
- Willingness to embrace a fast moving, action-oriented environment with a “can do” attitude
- Experience with problem solving and coming up with creative solutions
- Intellectual curiosity
- Excellent PC and Mac literacy; Internet and social media savvy with experience using HTML, SharePoint or other Content Management System, Microsoft Office suite, Keynote, etc.
- Executive communications experience, including drafting quotes, messages, and remarks
- Internal communications experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Job posted: 2021-12-19