Assistant Vice President, Communications & Marketing
SIFMA is the leading trade association for broker-dealers, investment banks and asset managers operating in the U.S. and global capital markets. On behalf of our industry’s nearly 1 million employees, we advocate on legislation, regulation and business policy, affecting retail and institutional investors, equity and fixed income markets and related products and services. We serve as an industry coordinating body to promote fair and orderly markets, informed regulatory compliance, and efficient market operations and resiliency. We also provide a forum for industry policy and professional development. SIFMA, with offices in New York and Washington, D.C., is the U.S. regional member of the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA). For more information, visit http://www.sifma.org.
SIFMA currently seeks a Washington, D.C.-based Assistant Vice President.
Work closely with the Executive Vice President of Communications and Marketing and the Managing Director of Corporate Communications and Marketing to manage SIFMA’s retail client issue advocacy initiative to highlight the scope and breath of retail investors as well as:
- Lead outreach and manage relationships with think tanks and issue advocacy organizations.
- Execute and lead SIFMA’s grassroots and grasstops campaigns to raise awareness of the industry and its impact to enhance advocacy efforts.
- Develop, implement and measure integrated marketing communications campaigns for client initiatives, thought leadership initiatives, products and events; utilize both traditional and new communications platforms, including websites, blogs, social media, email, newsletters and advertisements;
- Work in close coordination with the Public Affairs team to amplify and integrate key messages as well as the Graphics & Design team to create visual communications and promote the Association’s brand;
- Serve as relationship manager for internal clients, with a focus on specific products in the capital markets, developing a deep understanding of their issues and member constituencies;
- Monitor and manage social media properties, crafting compelling and tailored content for each platform to communicate key messages, drive engagement and increase brand awareness;
- Serve as the project manager for the SIFMA Foundation’s Capitol Hill Challenge initiative.
- Assist in the execution of strategic plans to execute SIFMA’s initiatives.
- 5 – 7 years of experience working in public relations, media relations, corporate affairs, or equivalent; government agency, Hill and political campaign experience is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Some knowledge of the issues impacting the financial services industry.
- Able to consistently and effectively communicate SIFMA’s messages on several topics through a variety of communications vehicles;
- Experience with, as well as the maturity and responsibility to, work with executives, lawyers, and company decision makers;
- An outgoing, team-oriented personality and be able to build relationships with SIFMA staff and members; be capable of successfully working with a variety of people;
- Self-starter; have a lot of energy and the ability to be proactive; a ‘get it done’ type attitude in a pinch;
- Great instincts.
- Suite of writing skills.
SIFMA offers an excellent benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Please send your cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “AVP, Communications & Marketing” in the subject line of your email. EOE.
Go to www.sifma.org and click on “About” on the upper right corner. From the About page, please scroll down to select “Careers” from the right hand navigation bar. Click on “Apply for a position.” Select the ‘Assistant Vice President, Communications & Marketing’ position and please apply via this page.
Job posted: 2019-06-13