Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Assistant Vice President, Marketing and Communications
The Assistant Vice President of Marketing and Communications (AVP, Comms) is based in NPPC’s Washington, D.C. office and reports to the Vice President and Counsel for Global Government Affairs. The AVP, Comms is responsible for strategic communications supporting NPPC’s public policy and advocacy objectives, member and industry relations, and marketing. The AVP supervises the Director of Digital Communications and manages integrated marketing and communications campaign development and execution. The AVP serves as the lead staff interface for NPPC with the media and represents producers’ interest at both internal and external events and meetings. This is not a registered lobbyist position.
- Oversee communications and marketing programs supporting NPPC’s public policy, industry relations and resource development functions.
- Work closely with NPPC issue managers to support policy objectives via ad-hoc and long term integrated, communication efforts across a range of issues including those related to science and technology, trade, economic and production, environmental, labor and transportation.
- Represent NPPC positions and policies to the media, opinion-leaders, NPPC state affiliate organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with the communications staff of partner organizations such as the National Pork Board, the North American Meat Institute, and others.
- Provide communications support for NPPC programs, including LEADR, the Pork Leadership Institute and the National Pork Industry Foundation.
- Engage and collaborate with the communications staff of affiliated state pork associations on communications and marketing campaigns.
- Anticipate potential media interest triggers and help direct and develop proactive and reactive plans as needed.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and lead digital advocacy and marketing campaigns and oversee all NPPC digital properties, including the website and all social media platforms.
- Work with issue managers to develop and maintain background papers on every NPPC issue.
- Manage marketing and communications partners, including public relations agencies and other outside consultants.
- Participate and lead in coalitions that advance NPPC objectives
- Provide strategic communications and media relations support for NPPC meetings and conferences.
- Organize and maintain all NPPC marketing and communications assets.
- Represent NPPC at various industry and member events, as directed by the Vice President, Global Government Affairs.
- Prepare and oversee an annual budget.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Vice President, Global Government Affairs.
- Must have a sterling track record of success in designing and implementing strategic communications campaigns, preferably with agency experience serving a broad range of clients.
- Expertise in all forms of marketing and communications outreach, including targeted digital campaigns.
- A visionary leader with demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically.
- A highly motivated individual able to work independently and exercise sound judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead meetings and contribute in meetings.
- The ability to multi-task on a wide variety of issues and projects. Willingness to work long hours.
- The ability to work in high-stress situations.
- Must possess strong writing, editing and verbal skills.
- A solid understanding of the federal legislative and regulatory policy process.
- Must be organized, highly driven and results oriented.
- Must be able to work and lead within a team environment.
- A BA in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred.
- A graduate degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience.
Approximately 15 percent. Valid driver’s license required.
The position is based out of WDC office.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-02