Assoc Dir, International Government Relations
The Associate Director, International Government Relations, Europe will serve as a key interface in Europe and will monitor, analyze and assist in the development of an execution strategy regarding the effects of political, economic, diplomatic, military, security, commercial, trade, tax, legal, regulatory, labor, administrative, social, and other developments, events, or issues to the interests of Raytheon Technologies in Europe and the EU. This position will need to pay specific attention to issues affecting commercial aerospace, and will report to the European Regional Leader, International Government Relations.
The major responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Engagement with senior-level officials of the EU institutions (Commission, Parliament, Council) and associated agencies regarding political, economic, diplomatic, military, security, commercial, trade, tax, legal, regulatory, labor, administrative, social, economic incentives and other developments, events, or issues of importance to Raytheon Technologies’ interests within Europe.
- Coordination and prioritization of Raytheon Technologies business unit (Pratt & Whitney, Collins Aerospace, Raytheon Missiles and Defense, and Raytheon Intelligence and Space) engagement with EU officials in furtherance of the respective business unit objectives within the EU and within European countries.
- Advocacy with European and EU officials in support of all activities of Raytheon Technologies in Europe to include, but not limited to: global substance issues, manufacturing regulations, research and development funding for engineering and/or design facilities, maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) capabilities, defense sales, and commercial sales.
- Develop and maintain productive, working relationships with senior levels of the EU institutions and their staffs, to include senior members of the Commission, the European Parliament, and other regulatory and administrative departments.
- Develop and maintain productive, working relationships with senior corporate government relations teams and commercial representatives and their staffs in Brussels and in EU capitals.
- Assist in the positioning of Raytheon Technologies as part of the European aerospace ecosystem, and as needed, lobby on behalf of Raytheon Technologies with EU officials and staff to shape outcomes that support Raytheon Technologies interests in Europe.
- Required Skills:
- University or equivalent advanced education degree (Master’s degree preferred) plus a minimum of twelve years in progressively responsible leadership positions.
- Previous government or legislative experience
- Advanced communication skills, including in English; proficiency in French as well as at least one other European language
- Direct working knowledge of the EU and Member State governments, including excellent working relationships with senior officials in other companies
- Deep understanding of the political, economic, and commercial environment in Europe; knowledge of the procurement, fiscal, budgetary and regulatory environment within the EU
- Strong internal communications skills
- Desired Skills:
- Knowledge Raytheon Technologies products, services, organizational structure, and corporate ethics and values
- Leadership values and behaviors, and the experience and ability to partner with a wide range of constituencies
- Strong familiarity and working relationships with in country companies and partner
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Learn more here
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job posted: 2020-10-15