Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Firehouse Strategies is a full-service public affairs firm focused on delivering targeted persuasion campaigns for a wide variety of corporate clients, including Fortune 50 companies, trade associations, coalitions, and nonprofit organizations. With over 30 political and PR experts based in Washington, D.C., New York, and Florida, Firehouse employs uniquely authentic strategies and asymmetric tactics to achieve clients’ desired outcomes.
Firehouse is seeking a full-time associate to join our rapidly growing public affairs firm. This position is based out of Firehouse’s New York office.
Associates at Firehouse support the development and execution of targeted media and advocacy campaigns on behalf of client engagements. Successful candidates for this position have 1-2 years of professional experience working in the political or public affairs sectors and excel in a collaborative, fun, and fast-paced environment.
Team Support: Provide support for the firm’s dedicated client engagement teams, including drafting and compiling meeting notes and presentation materials, producing relevant messaging and background research, and managing and coordinating team schedules.
Content Generation: Draft internal content, such as client reports, as well as external content, such as media clips, public op-eds, and blog posts.
Media Monitoring: Closely monitor day-to-day media activity related to the firm’s client engagements and flag relevant client news and media content in real-time as it lands.
Business Development: Working in coordination with the firm’s business development and dedicated client engagement teams, draft presentation materials and proposals for the firm’s new business pitches.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a political or media-focused role working on behalf of political candidates, members of Congress, presidential administrations, political party organizations, or grassroots advocacy organizations.
- Experience working with members of the media, such as reporters, editors, and broadcast media bookers.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience drafting external public content, such as op-eds and blog posts, as well as internal communication documents, such as memorandums.
- Proven ability to complete assigned tasks on time and manage competing and challenging deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite platforms, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Superb health and dental insurance benefits, with Firehouse paying 100% of the Carefirst Gold-tier reference plans offered by the firm.
- Excellent retirement benefits, with Firehouse providing a 401(k)-plan featuring a 3% employer contribution for all employees.
- Employer-sponsored financial planning services, with a dedicated financial planner offered by the firm to all employees.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, offering employees a way to set aside pre-tax pay for qualifying health care expenses, dependent care expenses, and commuting or parking expenses.
- 15 days of paid time off vacation per calendar year.
- Monthly stipend for cellular phone usage.
- Monthly firmwide social events.
- A fun and collaborative environment to develop and expand your career.
If interested and to learn more about the role, please send an email with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2022-11-18