Kivvit is a strategic communications firm that specializes in managing public affairs, reputational, and issue management campaigns. O’Dwyers ranks Kivvit as one of the top 20 PR firms in the United States. Kivvit’s award-winning team of more than 70 professionals across our five offices is comprised of leaders from government, politics, journalism, advocacy and business.
Kivvit is seeking an Associate to serve in a key support role on a diverse portfolio of client accounts. Associates at Kivvit are integral to the day-to-day operations of client campaigns. As a result, having prior political, advocacy campaign or PR agency experience will be a significant asset in this role, and curiosity about a wide array of issues is critical. Associates also support new business initiatives by assisting in proposal development, working with designers on creative projects and developing strategies.
The Associate position is an opportunity for a strategic, innovative and hard-working individual to join a culture that values innovative ideas, professional growth and immersive, strategic solutions for its clients.
This position is based in Kivvit’s Washington, D.C. office.
As an Associate at Kivvit you will:
- Support day-to-day client interaction and strategy implementation for a portfolio of clients
- Conduct media relations, including pitching reporters, crafting media pitches, and developing press kits
- Develop compelling content, such as website copy, social media posts, emails, stakeholder communications, presentations, memos, video scripts, letters to the editor, and op-eds
- Oversee market research projects, including: (1) creating and/or updating existing stakeholder, influencer and media lists by identifying new and relevant contacts, (2) media activity reports using in house monitoring tools, and (3) social media sentiment analysis reports
- Develop and execute innovative digital advertising strategies
- Contribute to creative brainstorming
- Implement public affairs and public relations campaigns for corporations, advocacy groups and non-profits
- Be part of proposal writing teams on deadline
The Associate must be able to:
- Quickly understand and analyze complex client challenges
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of social/political/economic issues relevant to client work
- Demonstrated ability to leverage social media platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.) and show knowledge/interest in social media trends
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basics of digital advertising.
- Collaborate with managers and designers to develop compelling content and creative products
- Manage timelines, budgets, vendors and personnel for a fast-paced office in highly organized and efficient fashion
- Communicate professionally – this role will include interfacing with clients, media and other external audiences
- Pitch media
- Have superior writing skills and verbal skills
- Manage trainees on large projects
- Distill critical data points and narratives through research
- Meet simultaneous deadlines, troubleshoot and manage multiple projects at once
Ideal applicants for the Associate position will possess:
- 1-3 years of work experience related to media relations, communications, and/or digital and social media strategy
- Political campaign, Capitol Hill and/or PR agency experience
- Intellectual curiosity about policy issues and business and where the two intersect
- Knowledge about digital communications tools and social media
- Hands on digital advertising experience is a plus.
- Superior organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- A proven track record of successfully completing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, research and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
Job posted: 2019-07-02