Associate Account Executive, Social Impact
Named one of America’s best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top advocacy organizations, global tech companies, major real estate developers, and progressive political candidates.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TECH TEAM
BerlinRosen’s burgeoning technology and innovation practice represents some of the biggest newsmakers defining the future of technology, work, media and urban innovation. Our clients include Sidewalk Labs, General Assembly, Audible, Mozilla and Samsung, to name a few.
With a team of over 25 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications for clients in the technology sector, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup.
We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, and expert communications professionals obsessed with tech. We are especially excited about tech that fixes real-world problems and is poised to change the way we work and live.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an Associate Account Executive to join our Technology and Innovation team, with a particular focus on clients across the climate, sustainability and social impact spaces. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with at least 1 year of PR experience and a desire to work with mission-driven technology brands. You will support companies of all sizes and at all stages of growth to land stories in top-tier technology and business press, amplify major business milestones and position their executives as thought leaders in their industries through events, op-eds and awards. You will also play a key role in writing, research and project management.
Note: This position is available for a remote location within the United States, or within one of our offices (Los Angeles, New York City, Washington, D.C.). BerlinRosen staff are currently working from home. Our offices will reopen in a hybrid model (date TBD). Our return to office plan is contingent on public health safety protocols. On an optional basis, our DC and NY offices are currently open to staff (with proof of vaccination).
ACCOUNTABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
As an Associate Account Executive on the Technology and Innovation team, you will:
- Conduct strategic and thorough media outreach to land stories for our clients, including development and management of media lists
- Build and manage relationships with reporters at national, regional and local outlets
- Draft high-quality client deliverables (emails, reports, research, etc.) and first drafts of media materials like pitches and press releases
- Develop insights-driven research and analysis that can be quickly used to inform key client strategies and presentations
- Assist with day-to-day communications with clients and stay on track of client deliverables
- Monitor the news daily to stay on top of stories and trends relevant to your client, becoming an “expert” in your clients’ respective fields/industries
- 1 year of experience at a PR agency, marketing or research firm, tech company or news outlet
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with teammates, especially in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly, and meet deadlines
- Strong people or media relationship skills; outgoing and not afraid to pick-up the phone and call someone
- Experience in research and analysis, i.e. the ability to analyze and disseminate large swaths of information into actionable insights for strategic/client-related purposes
- An eagerness to learn about and publicize consumer and enterprise technology – including new products, services, partnerships and solutions
- Proven writing skills, ideally when it comes to pitches or other media relations materials,
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- A stipend to support your work-from-home setup
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-15