Associate Analyst – Public Policy
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
The Washington and Regulatory Research Team applies subject matter expertise to political, legislative, and regulatory developments affecting markets. The Associate Analyst (AA) will work closely with Research Analysts and Portfolio Managers across T. Rowe Price’s investment platform to aid in integrating public policy analysis into the investment process. Successful candidates will need a strong background in writing, stakeholder management, quantitative analysis, and public speaking – all with the goal of distilling complex information into “what matters most.” The AA should have a keen interest in markets and investing, a passion for understanding decision-making within the US government, and a commitment intellectual rigor and honesty. The position will be based in Baltimore and the successful applicant will join a cohort of other AAs in a 3-5 year, structured program offering extensive training and mentoring, designed to develop future analysts.
T. Rowe Price – Who We Are
- Globally diversified investment management firm based in Baltimore, Maryland managing over $1.2 trillion in assets (as of 6/30/20) with offices in 12 countries
- Preeminent investment research organization that has consistently produced strong investment performance over the long term
- Analysts consistently recognized as some of the best in the industry
- Corporate culture based on diversity of thought, collaboration and development
- Daily opportunity to learn directly from our senior investment professionals
- Conduct analysis of regulatory, legal, and policy decisions made across the US government, both at a federal (congressional, executive, agency, judicial) and local (state legislature, judicial) level; with the goal of forecasting likely outcomes and their implications for markets and particular companies
- Write and publish internal research. Hold internal presentations of key findings, and engage in stakeholder management to ensure our investment team has the most relevant, impactful information as quickly as possible
- Collaborate with the Washington and Regulatory Research Team, Portfolio Managers, and Research Analysts to produce cross-sector research; and contribute to projects with our Legislative and Regulatory Affairs, Risk, ESG, and Corporate Governance teams
- Facilitate meetings with subject matter experts and policy contacts; travel to meet with and interview subject-matter experts, policy contacts, and officials to gain insights relevant to our research process
- Provide investment insight and impact the investment process
- Rigorous academic background with demonstrated intellectual curiosity, and talent for learning new concepts both quickly and comprehensively.
- Interest in equity investing; background and/or strong interest in finance preferred
- Demonstrated ability to conduct in-depth thematic research across a broad spectrum of topics which can be additive to the investment process
- Completion of at least Level 1 of the CFA preferred, but not required
- Highly motivated, confident self-starter with the ability to work independently and with others
- Effective communications skills (verbal and written
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-17