Signal Group is a leader in modern public affairs. We deliver strategies and solutions driven by strategic advocacy, communications, and digital programs. Advising clients across the globe, including industry-leading companies, CEOs, governments, and non-profits, Signal offers tailored strategies for solving high-stakes challenges. We are a unique collection of top practitioners from our fields focused on delivering transformative outcomes for our client partners.
Signal Group is seeking a communications senior associate with public relations skills, a desire to grow, and a creative mind to support our clients in public health, including HIV, Hepatitis C, and skin cancer prevention.
We are in search of an associate that will conduct regular interaction with journalists in a variety of markets and routine client contact, excel at research, analysis, and writing, develop materials to support campaigns across multiple channels, and track project metrics and progress.
The Model Candidate:
• You are a bright, engaging self-starter who thrives on collaborating with others
• You’re not waiting for direction, but rather seeking for solutions before being asked or prompted
• Consistently seek new learning experiences as part of knowledge building
• Can flawlessly execute the day-to-day work while seeking out opportunities to contribute and grow professionally
• Have an impeccable understanding of AP style, are detail-oriented, and diligent with each task
• You effectively work on multiple initiatives with diverse personalities under strict deadlines
• Can build relationships with people at all levels of the organization and across cultures
• 1+ years of PR agency, in-house, or government communications experience
• Have strong oral and written communication skills, particularly under deadline pressure
• Use research to form insights for client programs and growth opportunities
• Are technology savvy with an understanding of social media, the Microsoft suite and additional tools for the field such as Meltwater, Google Analytics and TV Eyes
• Experience with pitching and reporter engagement
Tell us what you’d bring to the Signal team. Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Communications Associate” in the subject line.
Signal Group is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. Signal does not discriminate in hiring, or in any other respect, on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, matriculation, disability, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job posted: 2021-09-27