Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate, Digital Communications (5329)
Rooted in the guiding principles of President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush, the George W. Bush Presidential Center engages communities in the United States and around the world by cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today’s most pressing challenges. The Bush Center is home to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, which is operated by the National Archives and Records Administration, and the George W. Bush Institute, the non-partisan, public-policy arm of the Bush Center. The Bush Center is located on the campus of SMU in Dallas, Texas, and also includes a 15-acre park, a full-service restaurant, Café 43, and a museum store.
Housed within the George W. Bush Presidential Center, the George W. Bush Institute is an action-oriented, nonpartisan policy organization with the mission of cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today’s most pressing challenges. It raises current and thought-provoking issues and builds programs to address the challenges facing our nation and our world. The work of the Bush Institute is inspired by the principles that guided the Bushes in public life: education is the foundation of a successful life; freedom is a universal human desire; free enterprise is the engine of economic prosperity; and every human life is precious.
- Leverage social media to enhance the Bush Institute’s brand as a thought leader and action-oriented policy institution and the Bush Center’s brand as a relevant civic and cultural organization
- Develop social media strategy in collaboration with the Director, Digital Communications and Director, Communications
- Execute content creation, imagery, and copywriting in support of social media strategy
- Coordinate with marketing related to Bush Center wide social media campaigns (e.g. museum, Engage @ the Bush Center, other community events)
- Facilitate development centric social media campaigns (e.g. membership, 43 Club, and other development activities)
- Schedule, monitor, and publish social media content
- Execute marketing buys, including Google AdWords and social media advertising
- Manage organization photo database and oversee photo process
Analysis and Research:
- Compile and analyze communications statistics for the organization (digital, social and traditional)
- Research and stay up-to-date on social media trends, making recommendations to the Director, Digital Communications regarding changes or improvements in support of the Bush Center’s goals
- Using statistics, make recommendations to increase overall engagement
- Work collaboratively with the other staff members to understand and promote respective events and programs
- Assist with the development and execution of communications plans
- Organize and submit billing and processing for Digital Communications-wide resources
- Track and manage the Digital Communications team-wide project management system
- Complete other duties as assigned
The qualified candidate will possess:
- At least one to three years of experience creating content for and managing social media platforms for a high-profile organization
- A bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in communications or comparable field
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms, analytics, and strategy
- A successful track record in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organization is a prerequisite
- Advanced knowledge of Cision, social media management tools, and all Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Commitment to the vision and mission of the Bush Center
Additionally, the qualified candidate will:
- Be a smart, energetic, self-starter and team player
- Possess experience in communicating policy work to a diverse audience
- Demonstrate the ability to be a strategic thinker and creative marketer
- Retain the ability to work on cross-functional teams in both leadership and member roles
- Operate as a calculated risk taker
- Evidence an exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Be able to maintain regular, dependable attendance at the office
The George W. Bush Presidential Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit stationary at a desk and use computer equipment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-19