Associate, Digital Social Media
SKDK, an award-winning public affairs and political advertising agency, is looking for a driven, self-starter to join its Digital Media team as Associate, Digital Social Media. With offices in Washington, D.C., New York City, Albany, and Los Angeles, SKDK brings unparalleled strategic communications experience to Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, philanthropic organizations, labor unions, political committees, and candidates.
Whether it is creating a campaign launch video for a candidate, assisting a corporate client on establishing messaging around their corporate social responsibility strategy, or guiding a nonprofit through a crisis, SKDK is always at the forefront, leading the charge. There is no company better that understands the intersection of press, politics, and policy.
At SKDK, we are made whole by the diversity of our team. We are a firm that invites and celebrates the uniqueness of each member of our team and encourages individuals to bring their best selves into the workplace. Whether it is through participation in one of our Employee Resource Groups, serving on our DEI Council, opportunities to volunteer, or bringing a new perspective to client work, your individuality and experience matters.
As an Associate, you will work with a wide range of clients, including corporate, association, nonprofit and issue advocacy, and support the work of the firm to create deliverables that are creative, strong, and will help meet clients’ goals.
Associate’s job responsibilities include:
- Work with SKDK digital team to assess clients’ digital needs and opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Ability to audit clients’ current social media operation providing data and digital strategy in memo format.
- Ability to publish content across platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, as well as track, monitor and listen for effectiveness.
- Make recommendations on client digital media goals, KPIs/benchmarks and platform use.
- Grow and engage clients’ social communities across all social media platforms.
- Draft client-ready, ongoing social media reports with minimal guidance or oversight.
- Create text-based content that aligns with client message, tone, subject-matter expertise, best practices and AP Style.
A successful candidate will have:
- One to three years of relevant experience in a similar role with proven success.
- Meticulous attention to detail in writing and editing.
- Ability to create content that is visual in nature.
- Ability to manage many different projects at once, from assignment to delivery.
- Familiarity with platforms such as Sprout, HootSuite, or other social media management software.
- Passion for emerging platforms and trends.
- Creative under short deadlines.
Please Note: This role is currently remote due to continued closure of SKDK offices due to COVID-19. This role will be Washington D.C based upon return to office (anticipated return date: January 2022).
What we offer:
SKDK provides a generous benefits package including 100% coverage for health, vision, and dental insurance premiums; paid parental leave; time off including vacation, holidays, and sick time; 401(k) with an employer contribution, reimbursement for cellular service, public transportation benefits, and additional benefits.
SKDK believes in the growth and development of all our employees and therefore we offer:
Professional development and career guidance
Opportunities for advancement
Participation in Employee Resource Groups
A collegial and supportive office environment
SKDK is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any protected category.
Job posted: 2021-10-26