PLUS Communications is a full-service communications firm based in Arlington, Virginia. PLUS Communications leads award-winning campaigns integrating public affairs, corporate communications, digital, advertising and media buying. Today, the firm employs more than 80 professionals, including 14 partners with unrivaled experience representing Fortune 100 companies, trade associations and non-profit organizations across a host of industries.
At PLUS Communications, you will enjoy a fast-paced environment with the chance to work alongside some of the country’s top public affairs operatives. Our team hustles hard, but also takes the time to celebrate our wins with end of month all staff lunches, happy hours on our office’s outdoor terrace and rooftop space, and frequent employee engagement events (did someone say laser tag?).
PLUS Communications is looking for an Associate to join its growing Digital practice. The ideal candidate will be a go-getter with experience succeeding in fast-past environments and a basic understanding of digital content and strategies.
As of July 2021, our office has reopened and resumed an in-person work environment.
Your day in this position may include:
- Preparing editorial calendars that factor in cultural and current events and identify creative links to our clients’ issues.
- Drafting compelling social media content with an eye for trends and best practices on major networks like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Drafting blog posts and longer-form content with the ability to capture the appropriate voice and tone for unique projects.
- Proof-reading other team members’ work and ensuring content is 100% error-free.
- Collaborating with our Graphic Design department to provide design collateral for clients, including logos, one-pagers, social graphics, and more.
- Coordinating with our Digital Advertising team to submit plan requests, traffic new campaigns and prepare client reports.
This job may be for you, if you:
- Have previous experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Are eager to build on your public affairs experience and learn from leaders in the digital and communications spaces.
- Are able to hit tight deadlines while juggling multiple requests and projects.
- Have a meticulous attention to detail.
What we require:
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in digital marketing, public affairs, public relations and / or political campaign work. Past agency experience is a plus!
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to deliver error free short form and long form content tailored to specific client needs.
- Familiarity with digital tools including but not limited to organic social media management (using tools like Hootsuite and Sprout Social), digital strategy (including recommendations for major networks like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), and website content management (using systems like WordPress).
- Familiarity with the Adobe creative suite is a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for a year-end bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Health Savings Account
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account
- Paid maternity leave program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous flex time schedule around holidays that allows work from home opportunities
- Opportunity for fast growth
- A learning environment
PLUS Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-13