Associate Director, China Policy & Government Affairs
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Associate Director, China Policy & Government Affairs will partner and engage on behalf of the Global Policy & Government Affairs team by directing policy research projects, strategic partnerships and managing consultants. Will liaison with the local team on policy and government affairs engagement opportunities, including executive travel to the market. Will guide prioritization and provide thought leadership at trade associations, including PhRMA, BIO, and the US Chamber of Commerce. Ensure alignment with BMS strategy by shaping policy principles and proposals including support for future product launches and support greater executive leadership in China activities. As bandwidth allows, this role will also support the Global Policy & Government Affairs’ Japan Canada and China team in US-based engagements with Japanese and Canadian officials, as well as projects with market teams to shape the policy environment.
- Serve as key contact at GPGA on policy projects in collaboration with the BMS China team
- Ensure seamless coordination of China projects across functions and keep track of project timelines; manage China policy tracker
- Coordinate relationships and information sharing and feedback on China policy priorities with key internal and external stakeholders, including Corporate Communications, WW VAP, Legal IP, Regulatory Policy, and key trade associations such as PhRMA, BIO and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- As needed, represent BMS in industry meetings on key China priorities with US-based policymakers
- Support the development of materials and coordinate logistics ahead of executive travel and engagement on policy/GA in China, Japan and Canada
- Support local team to execute projects to shape the policy environment in the three markets ahead of product launches, focusing on CAR-T and hematology in the short term, and immunology, cardiovascular and fibrosis in the medium-long term
- Provide additional support in line with the team’s priorities as needed
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required, advanced degree in policy/law/business preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in policy/government/market access
- Experience working in a complex matrix organization
- Strong project management skills and experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Interest/experience working on China issues, and a desire to develop in-depth policy expertise
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, and experience communicating with senior leaders
- Strong leadership with a proven track record in managing complex projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
- Deep analytical skills and logical thinking to identify and resolve time-sensitive issues and identify proactive opportunities
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the confidence to both influence and partner to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-08