Associate Director of Communications
Collaborate with Country Franchise Heads to develop and deliver Communications and Public Relations strategy and initiatives, including social media, and internal communications strategy to support Alcon’s surgical business and key products and priorities in North America.
- Serve as strategic communications counsel and functional business owner for Alcon Surgical franchise in the North America Region, working closely with Country Franchise Heads and Leadership team, Head North America Communications and Global Corporate Affairs colleagues
- Deliver external (primary focus) initiatives, including public relations campaigns, media relations and crisis/issues management
- Identify, secure and prepare key opinion leaders and internal spokespeople to provide perspective and insight to the media
- Plan, create and disseminate information using appropriate social media to drive business strategy for products and initiatives
- Drive differentiation of Alcon with Eye Care Professionals including through share-of-voice and innovative social and media outreach at key Congresses/Medical meetings as well as strategic guidance for other customer communications
- Ensure engagement of internal franchise associates through strategic guidance and messaging for key internal touchpoints (e.g. town halls and sales meetings); provide support for change management initiatives
- Possess excellent writing skills and ability to effectively manage agency relationships and budget
Communications/PR experience; proven knowledge and experience within the healthcare industry; self-motivated enterprise thinker; organizationally savvy and able to manage and achieve results through influence; highly effective collaborator; positive attitude and willingness/ability to find proactive, compliant solutions to challenges.
Bachelor’s Degree or
Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school+15 yrs; Assoc.+14 yrs; M.S.+7 yrs; PhD+6 yrs)
The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
7 Years of Relevant Experience
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-29