Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate Director, Community Engagement
Reports to: Chief Community Engagement Officer
Position Status: Full Time, Contract
The Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson’s community.
The Associate Director plays a key role in directing data collection, database structures and reporting related to the Parkinson’s Foundation Survey and Community Engagement evaluation portfolios. This position’s primary responsibilities are to define and build surveys, community needs assessments and program evaluations to inform the Parkinson’s community.
The ideal candidate is an analytical, community-focused team player who will own the entire project lifecycle, from strategy to analysis. The candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing projects within budget, timeline, and scope. This candidate will work inter-departmentally to discover new survey opportunities.
It is essential that the Associate Director, Community Engagement demonstrates and upholds the Foundation values of collaboration, dedication, excellence, integrity, positivity, responsiveness and teamwork.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with senior leadership team to shape the survey research agenda
- Create logic models, budgets, dissemination plans and timelines for and conduct eight to 10 survey projects annually
- Develop and deploy participant recruitment strategies with goal of building a representative survey database
- Direct quantitative and qualitative research projects from end-to-end, which includes:
- Identifying Foundation research priorities
- Conducting background literature reviews
- Creating surveys from scratch or editing surveys from published surveys and resources
- Collaborating with researchers, people with PD and pharmaceutical representatives to ensure research relevance
- Writing IRB protocols and communication materials
- Hosting and managing surveys on REDCap
- Cleaning and analyzing survey data through descriptive statistics (R software program, excel and Tableau)
- Reporting out survey findings to several audiences/platforms including board members, peer-reviewed publications, academic conferences and press releases
- Manage external vendors involved in survey projects including consultants, COE researchers and pharmaceutical representatives
- Communicate with internal staff to conduct community needs assessments and evaluate project outcomes for the community engagement portfolio
- Deploy appropriate quantitative methodologies to answer Foundation questions and develop novel approaches when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology or similar required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least five years of survey research experience.
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience required.
- Data analytics experience required, preferably with R programming and Tableau.
- History of academic publications preferred.
- Nonprofit experience with supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer software including Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Please include a writing sample with your cover letter and resume.
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume, writing sample, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Associate Director, Community Engagement” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our culture and in our work on behalf of people with Parkinson’s disease.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, subject to any legally required accommodations.
Job posted: 2022-07-09