Associate Director, Corporate Affairs – CVMD
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and collaborating across functional areas to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address unmet needs of patients around the world. As a Director in CVMD Corporate Affairs you’ll play a pivotal role in helping communicate and bring to life our strong CVMD portfolio narrative and its science through creative, dynamic storytelling and activations that engage internal and external stakeholders.
As the Associate Director, Corporate Affairs for our CVMD team, you will work closely with Senior Leaders and Corporate Affairs colleagues to develop and implement a US CVMD corporate affairs plan both at the franchise and brand level including: internal and external communications, advocacy, corporate reputation, policy and scientific communications. You’ll also provide strategic council to senior leaders across the CVMD therapy area and partner with the Head of Corporate Affairs, CVMD to implement high impact, integrated communication plans for the portfolio. The ideal candidate is a strategic, self-starter with excellent stakeholder engagement, executive leadership and communication skills that can engage and influence others while operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Create and implement measurable, scalable integrated communications strategies and plans to help elevate US CVMD narrative and science story with key internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with US Corporate Affairs colleagues to ensure integration and effective relationship building across US CVMD portfolio with important internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate with cross-functional colleagues to ensure consistent and integrated communications and engagements across the therapy area and beyond
- Represent CVMD Corporate Affairs on Franchise-level leadership team(s) and serve as a strategic thought partner to senior level CVMD Commercial lead(s)
- Counsel CVMD franchise leadership and marketing colleagues on communications, messaging and engagement activities across the therapy area and beyond
- Connect and collaborate regularly with Global Corporate Affairs CVMD colleagues to sync up communications and engagements between US and Global stakeholders
- Effectively engage and partner with agency partners to ensure delivery of projects and programs within budget and schedule
- Leverage the full depth and breadth of US Corporate Affairs (advocacy and alliance engagement, policy, government affairs, corporate communications) to deliver top-notch results for the US CVMD therapy area
- Active participant in a diverse, thriving culture with a desire to lead without authority when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, marketing or related field
- 10+ years of experience in public relations, corporate communications function or PR agency preferred
- Ability to set and manage priorities, deadlines, resources, goals, and project initiatives
- Strong proven knowledge in the latest in digital and social media technology, and channels
- Use of data and analytics to evaluate marketing efforts & generate insights
- Ability to understand and interpret scientific and medical data
- Experience developing and implementing integrated, multi-channel communication strategies and activations
- Strong experience interacting and providing counsel to senior leaders as well as cross functional stakeholders
- Experience managing project teams and third-party vendors
- Understanding and experience of issues management
- First-rate coordination, collaboration, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Healthcare PR agency experience
- Experience with sales, marketing and other commercial communications
- Corporate, executive and product communications experience
- Knowledge of the US healthcare system
- Knowledge of the Pharma industry
- CVMD Therapeutic area is a plus
- Experience in driving value through impactful storytelling and creative activations
Next steps: Apply Today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Job posted: 2020-05-12