Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate Director, Corporate Communications
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we’ve seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world’s leading meal kit company, active in 16 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef’s Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
HelloFresh is in search of an Associate Director of Corporate Communications. The ideal candidate will partner with the Director of PR & Communications for the US as well as with the Global Lead for Corporate Communications (based in Berlin) to help lead our US corporate communications media relations, issues and brand reputation management efforts.
The ideal candidate is an experienced issues manager, passionate about working in a high paced environment and excels at managing different groups of stakeholders. You have a deep understanding of stakeholder needs, communication channel effectiveness, and experience within a global operating environment. In addition, you have a good sense for corporate storytelling and have a strong track record of successfully working with corporate and business media. The person in this role is an individual contributor with visibility and engagement across all business functions.
You will …
- Provide hands-on crisis and reputation management expertise and mitigate/manage all US-based crises and issues.
- Develop narratives, statements, talking points, social media and customer care responses, and other collateral as needed to support reputation management both internally and externally.
- Manage the writing, editing, and approvals of internal and external statements, company-wide messages and media responses.
- Identify, track, and address potential threats to the organization by staying on top of developments in the issue and stakeholder landscape both internally and externally.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments, risk analyses, and research to assess critical needs and identify opportunities to enhance reputation.
- Advance crisis and emergency preparedness, creating and executing strategies to protect the reputation of HelloFresh
- Train and prepare senior leadership and subject matter experts for media interviews, community conversations and other events.
- Act as company’s primary spokesperson to general media and business in the US
- Support the global media relations efforts through local storytelling
- Highly collaborative and have excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experienced in managing critical communications for issues/media relations/crisis communications and have previously worked in a fast-paced environment where you were responsible for maintaining the company’s perception and reputation among key stakeholders, including media, customers, team members or investors.
- Passionate about communications and have a strong hands-on approach
- Highly organized with excellent communications skills and a thorough understanding of project management
- A culture fit; someone who interacts with positivity, professionalism, passion, emotional intelligence, and empathy
- Familiar with entrepreneurial and tech-driven creative environments
At a minimum, you have…
- A passion for fast-paced issues management
- 7+ years of experience in corporate communications, either in a corporate environment or on agency side
- Previous experience and a track record of managing issues and identifying and crafting response strategies for reputation issues
- Excellent business acumen and an understanding of how this role intersects with other disciplines, including Public Affairs, Financial Communications and Consumer Communications. You thrive in a matrix organization.
- A trusted network of reporters that you work with on a regular basis
- A gift for corporate storytelling with excellent speaking, writing and editing skills
- Previously worked in the food or CPG business is a plus
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action – from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-05-03