Associate Director, Corporate Communications
CRISPR Therapeutics is a leading gene editing company focused on developing transformative gene-based medicines for serious diseases using its proprietary CRISPR/Cas9 platform. CRISPR/Cas9 is a revolutionary gene editing technology that allows for precise, directed changes to genomic DNA. CRISPR Therapeutics has established a portfolio of therapeutic programs across a broad range of disease areas including hemoglobinopathies, oncology, regenerative medicine and rare diseases. To accelerate and expand its efforts, CRISPR Therapeutics has established strategic collaborations with leading companies including Bayer, Vertex Pharmaceuticals and ViaCyte, Inc. CRISPR Therapeutics AG is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, with its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary, CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc., and R&D operations based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and business offices in San Francisco, California and London, United Kingdom.
We are seeking an Associate Director of Corporate Communications who has successfully driven strategic and corporate communication and branding initiatives, through optimization of traditional media and digital channels/ platforms to build and strengthen the company’s presence. This role will support VP of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications in developing the overall corporate communications strategy and will be responsible for its execution. The holder of this job will have significant exposure to senior leadership.
- Work with the VP of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications and the Company’s Leadership Team to develop and execute the corporate communications program, which aligns with company goals and strategy, as well as enhances the perception and visibility of CRISPR Tx.
- Prepare draft press releases, conference call scripts, and Q&A documents related to corporate milestones, internal and external communications materials
- Collaborate with Company leadership to advance engagement with external stakeholders, with the goal of securing coverage the recognizes portfolio value and aligns with corporate growth trajectory
- Interface with various division and corporate constituencies, including government affairs, investor relations, legal, finance, marketing, regulatory, medical, clinical, and senior management
- Oversee management of agencies that support the development of presentations and other communications products
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or science.
- 4+ years of experience in Corporate Communications or Investor Relations or Equity Research within the biotech space.
- Strategic thinking; able to develop the messaging as our story evolves or in response to external sentiment
- Ability to translate complex scientific messages into lay terms; science background preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent written communication skills, can generate clear, accurate, and compelling communications materials, and can deliver our messages in an engaging manner
- Positive interactions with stakeholders inside and outside the company
- Ability to influence without direct authority and marshal resources to achieve corporate / PR goals
- Ability to work well in a small team environment and roll up your sleeves to ensure all department goals are achieved
- Clear understanding of the requirements of Reg FD and the regulatory framework under Securities law
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-08