Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Associate Director of Digital Advocacy
Everytown for Gun Safety, the nation’s largest gun violence prevention advocacy group, is seeking an Associate Director of Digital Advocacy. We are looking for a skilled writer, technologist, and strategist to assist with the organization’s growing digital portfolio and to help provide strategy and execution across several digital campaigns. This campaigner should be energetic, entrepreneurial, and ready to invest in building a massive set of digital campaign skills while helping the fight to end gun violence in this country. This is a full-time position with Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund.
In this role you will:
- Support and lead online campaigns with a focus on broadening our audiences and increasing online engagement, ensuring we’re utilizing the most powerful tools and cutting edge tactics to grow our movement.
- Assist with message testing to accompany polling on key electoral and advocacy issues.
- Disseminate key learnings and assist in best practices being implemented in local and national Everytown campaigns across pods and departments.
- Identify and implement systems around political work, ensuring we tell the story of the power of our movement in electoral politics.
- Oversee our Students Demand Action Digital Organizer, and help implement a program focused on growing on our SDA audience and engagement.
- Raise profiles of state and federal campaigns by identifying trends and patterns across the country, and make recommendations on how to best leverage the moment to accomplish our goals (i.e. fundraising, organizing, etc.)
- Oversee the internal systems and training for all online tools, including implementation of OGC tracking policies for tools, and auditing current systems to ensure internal structural organization.
- Serve as the point person for major technology tool transitions – like the SMS platform – to ensure deadlines are met, other stakeholders (consultants, data department, etc.) are read into the process.
- Serve as the internal leader for the organization’s broadcast SMS program. This includes overseeing strategy, internal structures and data management, cost-tracking, and implementing industry best practices.
- Assist with the acquisition program through circulating memos for approval, monitoring results, and identifying additional growth opportunities both for specific regions as well as our national email program.
- Assist with state and federal campaigns, including drafting, loading, and executing on content creation.
- Serve as the primary lead for training and troubleshooting on digital platforms. This includes creating documentation, working with vendors to liaise for support, and schedule trainings as needed for the full advocacy team.
You should have:
- 4+ years of digital advocacy/fundraising work for political campaigns or national advocacy organizations
- Exceptional writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with digital organizing best practices and tools
- A demonstrated ability to synthesize policy and legislative materials into compelling copy that will drive grassroots action
- The ability to work to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment within a growing, diverse team
The salary range for this position is $85,000-$98,000 per year, depending on prior experience. Everytown offers a generous benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, PTO, 401K Match, Education Assistance and more.
Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the nation with nearly ten million supporters, including parents, students, survivors, educators, gun owners, and Americans fighting for common sense gun safety. Through victories in Congress, statehouses, corporate America, the courts, and town halls across the country, Everytown is helping change how Americans think about this public health threat. At the core of Everytown is Moms Demand Action, a grassroots movement of American mothers founded the day after the Sandy Hook tragedy, and Students Demand Action. Learn more at everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-12