Associate Director of Digital Campaigns
Indivisible is seeking an Associate Director of Digital Campaigns to oversee our compelling and unique policy and political campaigns work. Reporting to the Strategic Communications Director, this is a new, exciting senior role on Indivisible’s communications team overseeing how we communicate with our movement, drive people to action, and resist the Trump Administration’s agenda.
The Associate Director of Digital Campaigns will collaborate closely with our digital fundraising team to build out balanced calendars, our data team to measure our digital engagement, and our communications team to push strong, consistent messaging out across all channels.
This role will oversee two digital campaigners (on federal policy and state policy), and be tasked with working with other teams as emerging campaigns develop. This role will also lead our rapid response work, with an eye toward making our digital communications more nimble and impactful.
We are hiring for this position immediately. This position is full-time, with a salary range of $80,000-$90,000 per year, commensurate with experience. This position is based in Washington D.C., however remote applicants may be considered. Indivisible provides a robust benefits package including full medical/dental/vision/life coverage, a discounted gym membership, and an employer matched 401(k) plan.
- Digital campaign strategy
- Oversee Indivisible’s digital campaigning strategy (federal advocacy, state and local policy, and political work), primarily on email, SMS, and web.
- Collaborate with our Digital Fundraising team to build a balanced email and SMS calendar, that allows us to hit both our advocacy and fundraising goals.
- Serve as a lead campaigner on rapid response opportunities — monitoring the news cycle, recommend digital campaign opportunities that align with our organizational priorities, and improve our team’s nimbleness.
- Serve as our lead email and SMS strategist, monitoring our programs’ success, sharing learnings across our team, and iterate on our work.
- Manage a significant acquisition budget to aggressively grow our lists.
- Work with Strategic Communications Director to ensure our messaging is carried consistently across email, web, and SMS platforms.
- Collaborate with our organizing team to drive our email and SMS program into offline organizing channels.
- Measurement, reporting, and analysis
- Oversee success of our email and SMS programs, striving to improve our engagement rates and make recommendations on how to improve our content.
- Collaborate with data team on monitoring campaign dashboards; providing recommendations to other teams to improve action-taking (views on resources, calls to legislators, number of events registered) on our digital channels; and test content, strategies, and actions to ensure we’re delivering the best product possible to our supporters..
- Develop a regular system for reporting out on our email and SMS communications, their efficacy, and provide recommendations on how to improve our work.
- Team management
- Manage two staff with an eye toward growth and development.
- Review and edit content from supervisees, provide timely and thoughtful feedback on written content, and serve as a cross-team editor on campaign materials (resources, call scripts, press releases, fundraising appeals, and more).
- Work with other senior members of the communications staff to help shape the team’s culture and priorities.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a digital role at a nonprofit or on a progressive campaign, or a campaigning role with heavy communications or digital responsibilities
- Experience managing a digital advertising program and budget to grow an email list.
- Experience managing staff.
- Extensive and diverse experience writing and editing copy for digital audiences across email, SMS, websites, and social media.
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Cultural competency and experience writing for many audiences about social justice issues, especially racial justice and immigrant rights.
- Experience with email systems (ActionKit, Blue State Digital, Action Network, Convio), SMS platforms (Mobile Commons, Revere), and CMSs (Drupal, WordPress).
- Proactive, creative; thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Alignment on the core values and strategy of the Indivisible Project.
- Ability to create graphics through tools like Photoshop and Canva.
- Experience with HTML, CSS.
- Experience working in the immigrant rights, racial justice, or economic justice movements and/or understanding of federal policies around these issues.
About the Indivisible Project
We’re building something new. We’re a progressive grassroots organization that began in the aftermath of Trump’s election and rapidly scaled nationwide, with thousands of volunteer-led local groups covering every state in the country. To support this movement, we’ve built an incredible team at the national level. We dream big, we support each other, and we have fun doing it.
We’re changing what’s politically possible. Indivisible is part of the powerful progressive movement reaction to Trump, fighting the racist, misogynistic, plutocratic, and authoritarian agenda trumpeted by Trump and the GOP congress. Don’t take our word for it; Indivisible has been featured on the Rachel Maddow show multiple times, as well as in the New York Times and in pretty much every other major news outlet in the country.
We’re building together. We’re building a new organization every day – a rare opportunity to model what we want to see in the world. We’re deeply committed to equity and building a diverse and inclusive organization.
We’re looking for you. If you want to fight for the soul of American democracy, there’s no better place to be than Indivisible. We’re looking for more team members who are passionate about resisting the Trump agenda and committed to getting results. It’s an exciting, fulfilling place if you’re someone who wants to fight fiercely for the progressive world we want to have.
Every one of us on the national team is here because we believe this movement is the best way to retake and build progressive power in this country. Does that ring true for you? If so, great – throw your hat in the ring to join our team. Let’s start #winning together.
Indivisible Project is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-12-26