Associate Director, Digital Content
The Hub Project is looking for an Associate Director of Digital to help strategize, develop and execute an integrated digital strategy for our advocacy campaigns, focused on advancing a more progressive economy and more just democracy.
In this role, you will serve as the digital team’s social media strategy lead, shaping our approach for social strategy and tactics, overseeing social analytics, and leading close collaboration with the creative team to develop optimized content. You are tasked with keeping The Hub up to date on the latest trends, platforms, and changes to the algorithms.
This role requires collaboration across the entire [15+ person] digital team, including the Digital Partnership team, Creative team, and Paid Media team. This role also coordinates daily with our Communication, Policy, Research, and Campaign teams to translate complex messages to a digital audience.
We’re looking for someone who’s always scouting out new ways to reach constituents and brings innovative ideas, tools, and tactics to our digital campaigns.
As Associate Director of Digital, you will:
- Lead the development and execution of strategic, digital campaign plans built to reach our target audience across all digital channels, helping to prioritize platforms, content types, and ever-changing best practices that help us achieve our campaign goals.
- Lead the development of compelling and optimized digital content across all of our campaign platforms (e.g. email, SMS, social, web), collaborating closely with our creative team on graphic and video content.
- Write succinct and persuasive copy for social, email, paid media, and related channels.
- Oversee the digital team’s social media strategies, which includes managing the growth, quality, reach, and engagement of all of our social channels.
- Lead the Digital department’s use of social analytics to craft data-driven strategy and content that incorporates social listening insights, and optimizes content for each platform.
- Manage and mentor a team of digital content managers and associates, overseeing their work and skill development.
- Work collaboratively with Research, Policy, and Communications teams to produce compelling content that’s informed by progressive messaging, policy, polling, and more.
- Develop partnerships with peer organizations to amplify campaign messaging and content, in collaboration with the digital partnership team.
- Manage relations with digital vendors (email, SMS, social, website), pushing our partners to get the best possible product.
- Serve as a thought leader in the organization on how to best leverage social media to meet our campaign goals, keeping a pulse on the latest trends, tools, and best practices for digital.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
- You have 4-5 years of professional experience in digital communications, social media, creative strategy, and/or content creation.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing staff, interns, and vendors.
- A proven track record translating complicated messaging to compelling social media content.
- Experience overseeing large political or advocacy digital and social media campaigns and using analytics to inform the social strategy.
- Experience using social media listening and analytics tools.
- Experience deploying content during rapid response scenarios.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for and a curiosity about the latest social media trends.
- Political experience on a campaign or with an advocacy group or nonprofit is a plus.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- A passion for progressive change.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click “Apply for this Job”. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub Education and Engagement Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-09