Associate Director of Digital Marketing
Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across 3 continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women’s abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last 6 months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and finally their entire nations.
The Associate Director of Digital Marketing will play a key role in the coordination and direct implementation of Women for Women International’s digital marketing program. Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Director of Communications, this position will ensure the successful outcomes of digital fundraising and outreach campaigns. Core responsibilities include working with Marketing and Communication staff members to coordinate and execute email, web, social and digital advertising efforts to meet key fundraising and growth goals. The ideal candidate will be able to oversee and manage multiple ongoing digital projects while also leading and being directly involved in the implementation of those projects. Direct project implementation will account for more than 50 percent of the position’s time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Digital Marketing Strategy
- Work with the Marketing team to develop long-term digital strategy to support the organization’s goals.
- Develop annual digital marketing and budget plan as part of the broader Marketing and Communication goals. This includes campaign planning and investment decision making across digital channels.
- Help lead the ongoing development of a data-driven decision making and testing process for the digital marketing program. This includes analysis of all digital marketing channels including email, web, social and mobile.
- Plan digital marketing efforts to align with offline (direct mail) strategies and Communication efforts in order to maximize the organization’s ability to have a unified content strategy.
- Ensure software and technology tools to support digital marketing are meeting the program’s needs.
- Work with Marketing and Communications teams to create plan to grow digital audience through email acquisition, social media outreach, web strategies and direct fundraising.
- Help lead development of content direction and themes for integrated marketing efforts.
- Work with Marketing and Communication staff to develop website traffic and SEO strategy and set key growth objectives that support organizational goals.
- Working with the Marketing team, help create donor and audience digital journeys that are focused on audience retention, community building, donor affinity and fundraising growth.
Campaign Coordination and Implementation
- Ability to work with team to adapt and change plans through regular testing and data analysis during campaigns.
- Manage digital marketing calendar to ensure all timelines are met and projects are completed as planned.
- Work with staff from both the Marketing and Communication teams to coordinate digital projects and staff responsibilities for all campaigns.
- Support the Sr. Associate of Marketing with writing and building marketing emails.
- Coordinate the targeting strategy for each digital marketing effort to ensure audiences are receiving intended content.
- Support the Digital Marketing Officer and Communications Officer with executing digital ads through search, display and social media.
- Ensure all digital marketing content goes through the appropriate review process to ensure accurate messaging and brand alignment.
- Ability to react quickly and coordinate fundraising and communication opportunities relevant to current events and organization’s interests and goals.
- Support the Digital Marketing Officer with regularly monitoring and reporting on SEO and website traffic performance.
- Work with third party consultants and partners as necessary.
- Supervise the Digital Marketing Officer position.
- Experience and ability in mentoring, coaching and managing staff members within a diverse and global organization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage a large, complex, ethnically mixed team of people through a participatory and enabling management style.
- Adhere to WfWI’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policies and report concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS)
- 7+ years’ work experience in digital marketing with non-profit experience required.
- Direct experience with coordinating and executing digital display, search and social media advertising efforts.
- Experience with HTML.
- Experience with digital marketing data analytics tools.
- Experience working with CMS, CRM and Email Marketing tools, preferably Drupal, Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Proven ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and coordinate with colleagues to meet deadlines.
- An analytical thinker that uses data as a guide to test and execute creative marketing direction.
- Ability to simultaneously manage projects and be directly involved in campaign execution.
- Ability to be open to feedback and to respond to feedback creatively.
- Understating of women’s rights issues.
- Experience in a staff supervision role.
Our global core values define how we are to behave as we pursue our mission, our vision, and our strategic objectives:
- Empowerment. We believe every woman is unique and powerful in her own right. Our people are our greatest strength and we will support them to achieve our aims by providing them with the information, rewards and power they need to take the initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve our delivery and performance. As a learning organization – we encourage our people to take risks and make mistakes, we learn and grow and get better, stronger and smarter.
- Integrity. We will never communicate in any way that exploits or demeans the women we exist to serve, we will deliver a program of training that maximizes the impact for the women we serve to bring them the biggest benefits and facilitate the greatest long term positive change in their lives. we do what we say we are going to do, when we say we’re going to do it. We act as good stewards of the organization’s resources.
- Respect. We believe every woman has the right to be treated with fairness and dignity. we trust each other implicitly, confident in the knowledge that we are all working towards the same goals. Equally, we hold each other responsible and accountable at all levels of the organization for the outcomes of our actions. We will be bold, clear and kind in our communication with our colleagues across the organization and not allow disrespectful behavior to go unchallenged.
- Resilience. We see every day the strength of women survivors of war and their ability to never lose hope despite having faced the greatest atrocities and horrors of conflict. They inspire us to stay strong, hopeful, focused and committed to our global purpose. We support each other to do the same.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-17