Associate Director/Director, US Vaccines Communications
At Sanofi, our purpose is to discover breakthrough medicines and vaccines to improve the lives of millions of people around the world. Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines global business unit of Sanofi, envisions a world in which no one suffers or dies from a vaccine preventable illness. To contribute to this mission, we are currently seeking a strategic, motivated and experienced communications professional to join our organization as Associate Director/Director, US Vaccines Communications.
The Associate Director/Director, US Vaccines Communications will be responsible for leading, developing and executing strategic communications activities in support of key areas of our vaccines portfolio, which includes pediatric, adolescent, booster and travel and endemic vaccines. The position will also lead communications for future product introductions, including RSV.
The position reports to the Head, US Vaccines Communications and will initially be remote but will eventually be based in Swiftwater, PA or Bridgewater, NJ.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as lead communications business partner and trusted advisor for select US Vaccines franchises.
- Leads, develops and manages comprehensive communication strategies internally and externally to support US vaccines brand priorities, including partnering with Global Vaccines Communications, Marketing, US and Global Public Affairs and Patient Advocacy, Medical, Government Relations and Global Media Relations to ensure aligned messaging, positioning and achievement of business objectives.
- Provides strategic leadership in the creation and implementation of impactful communication programs, internally and externally, across brand areas. This may include disease awareness/brand integration programs; branded communication activities; digital communications; new product introductions and executive visibility and thought leadership programming.
- In partnership with US Internal Communications & Digital, develops and implements internal engagement strategies and programming related to areas of responsibility.
- Anticipates, prepares for and manages crisis and issues activities to protect Company reputation, providing counsel and leading communications efforts.
- Provides ongoing, proactive perspective to business units with regards to the external environment impacting the business.
- Effectively manages public relations agency partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration or Journalism from an accredited college or university.
- 8-10 years of pharmaceutical and healthcare communications experience at a global pharmaceutical company or communications agency; expertise in communications concepts, practices, strategies and tactics based on deep understanding of key stakeholders and Company objectives
- Ability to research, develop, deliver and measure communications strategies and plans with a goal of showcasing communications successes to internal and external audiences
- Excellent collaboration, networking, negotiation and influencing skills; demonstrated ability to work with colleagues at all levels across a heavily matrixed environment, including senior leaders.
- Expertise in digital and social media programming and measurement, with the ability to deliver highly impactful approaches within this critical space; demonstrated experience in developing measurable, compelling social media strategies, programming and content that engages key audiences including consumers, healthcare professionals, and other external stakeholders.
- Ability to confidently interact counsel and interface successfully with senior executives and communications peers.
- Experience with both external and internal communications.
- Proactive self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team environment; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience working within joint ventures or co-promotion arrangements (preferred but not required)
- Strong issues management capabilities
- Exceptional verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Previous vaccines experience a plus but not required.
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-16