Associate Director, Global Access Policy
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Access Policy is an increasingly important focus across the range of developed, middle income and least developed healthcare systems globally. The Janssen GCSO organization is building a capability to support the Janssen Global Access Policy Council to co-ordinate across Janssen and parts of the J&J Enterprise the significant opportunities and challenges with regards to policy in market access and broader patient access for pharmaceuticals.
The Associate Director, Global Access Policy will be a member of the Global Market Access team and will work with the Policy team within the Global Market Access HUB on initiatives of the Janssen Global Access Policy Council (JAPC). The JAPC is a working council of global, regional and functional senior access leaders from health policy, regulatory affairs, market access and communications and public affairs. The goal of the JAPC is to align, coordinate and steer global policy actions related to market access, pricing, and reimbursement, and health care system reform.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Include:
- Understand and support Janssen/J&J’s effort to promote the value of pharmaceutical innovation in industrial and public policy through the Drive the Debate Accelerator;
- Monitor and analyze global access policy trends, positions, and reports across academic institutes, industry associations, and other external stakeholders;
- Co-ordinate and develop global access policy position papers based on priority issues of the Janssen Access Policy Council to Drive the Debate on priority issues;
- Working with the Global Market Access Policy team to establish Janssen/J&J as a key partner in understanding and adopting models of care to promote access in key therapeutic areas;
- Understand and support the shaping of access policy related to healthcare systems and reform in key global developed and emerging markets, including the US, Japan and China;
Key Internal Interactions:
- Janssen Global Access Policy Council members
- Global Market Access Hub Leaders (PRO, RWE, Health Economics, Pricing, Policy)
- Therapeutic Area Market Access Leaders (TAMALs), GCSO
- Janssen Global Pricing, GCSO
- J&J Government Affairs & Policy
- J&J Global Public Health
- Global Regulatory Affairs
- Regional Market Access and Commercial Leaders
- Support functions: Finance, Legal, HCC&P, Communications, Government Affairs.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree is required.
- An advanced degree in in public policy, health policy, market access policy, pricing policy or related field is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years work experience in health care policy, government affairs, health economics, market access or related field is required.
- Demonstrated ability to research and write and create clear, logical, compelling and concise documents and positions in English and articulate them effectively to influence key stakeholders and senior leaders required. Experience with visualization of concepts and data appreciated.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment, especially over departmental and geographical boundaries is required.
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams is required. Project management experience preferred.
- Broad experience in healthcare, particularly in pharmaceuticals is strongly preferred.
- Experience working across Therapeutic Areas is preferred.
- Global experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, intellectual flexibility and curiosity to continually develop and learn new skills is required.
- This position is based in Raritan, NJ and up to 10% domestic and international travel required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-12