Associate Director, Government Affairs
Responsible for assisting the Department of Government Affairs carry out its activities related to Sinai Health System’s policy priorities, advocacy agenda, and stakeholder and government relations development.
The Associate Director of Government Affairs will support the Department on local, state and federal legislative, policy and regulatory matters that impact Sinai Health System. In close coordination with the VP of Government Affairs, the Associate Director helps in the development and implementation of Sinai’s advocacy agenda, including determining legislative, policy, and budget priorities, ranking key legislator targets, and identifying opportunities with elected officials to demonstrate support for Sinai’s agenda; tracks legislation, schedules and participates in meeting with elected officials, government agencies, and other key stakeholders, attends and organizes events with legislators and stakeholders, acts as project management lead for community development initiatives that may include obtaining construction permits, navigating city hall and other city agencies, and collecting necessary documents to close a deal; and provide assistance in writing fact sheets, bill briefs, power points, and other education and clarifying materials to promote Sinai’s legislative initiatives.
- Reports to: Vice President of Government Affairs
- Provides Supervision to: N/A
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Works closely with senior management, executive leadership, and community relations team to help maintain and build relationships with elected officials and government agencies to advance issues related to Sinai Chicago, its work and mission.
- Proactively researches, analyzes, and identifies policy issues that impact Sinai Health System.
- Drafts summaries, briefing papers, action alerts, advocacy updates, newsletters, and other materials, as needed.
- Provides project management support to projects that intersect with government affairs, such as community development or special government initiatives.
- Maintains working knowledge of government processes, resources and information, community stakeholders, and political policy trends.
- Liaison to trade association and coalitions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree preferred
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3-5 years of related and/or applicable administrative, research and/or advocacy experience in a political, government, or non-profit setting plus a strong interest in health care, social justice, urban planning, community development, and/or improving under-resourced communities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Some familiarity with city hall and/or state government
- Remarkable relationship builder, connector, and networker
- Knowledge of working at an inner-city organization and understanding of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills: creative, results and detail-oriented, and able to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities within deadlines
- Strong technical skills such as Power Point, Excel, and other Microsoft programs
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Sense of humor, eager to grow and learn new skills, solid team player
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-05