Associate Director, Government Affairs
Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) is excited to share an opportunity to join our innovative and customer-focused community.
About the Role: Associate Director, Government Affairs
As the Associate Director, Government Affairs, you will be responsible for lobbying both United States Congress and the Administration on behalf of Association interests and works with stakeholders including specialty societies to further Association advocacy goals. You will oversee several federal health policy issues including but not limited to physician payment and quality.
- Advocate on behalf of the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) interests with Congress and the federal administration.
- Proactively identify federal policy issues impacting MGMA members in the areas of physician payment and quality, both legislative and regulatory in nature.
- Work with stakeholders to further Association advocacy goals.
- Analyze regulations and legislation pertaining to medical group practices to identify areas of concern to members.
- Create educational tools, articles, and comment letters to inform MGMA members and Congress of the impacts of federal regulations and legislation on medical practices.
- Establish relationships with stakeholders, including specialty societies to further Association advocacy goals.
- Give presentations on advocacy issues at MGMA national and state conferences as well as internal constituencies (Government Affairs Committee, Board of Directors).
- Represent the Government Affairs department with external stakeholders, and on internal MGMA workgroups and cross departmental collaborative initiatives.
- Other duties as required and necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Location: Washington, D.C.
- A Bachelor’s degree in political science or related field is required.
- A Master’s degree or Juris Doctorate degree preferred.
- Six (6) or more years’ experience in government affairs, advocacy, and health policy is required.
Who We Are:
MGMA is a Colorado based non-profit association for professionals who lead medical practices. Since our establishment in 1926, MGMA empowers medical group practices to innovate and create meaningful change in healthcare by providing data, resources, and advocacy.
With our headquarters located in Englewood, Colorado and a satellite office Washington D.C., MGMA’s membership is made up of over 55,000 medical practice administrators, executives, and leaders, representing more than 12,500 organizations of all sizes, types, structures and specialties.
Perks of Working with us:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance Benefits
- 401k Matching Program
- 3 Weeks of PTO and 8 hours Paid Volunteer time
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness & Social Programs
- Professional Development Opportunities & Tuition Assistance
- Teleworking Options Available
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-18