Associate Director, Government Affairs & Policy
Be a part of a global team that is inspired to make a difference in the lives of people living with rare disease.
At Travere Therapeutics, we recognize that our exceptional employees are vital to our success. We are a dedicated team focused on meeting the unique needs of rare patients. Our work is rewarding – both professionally and personally – because we are making a difference. We are passionate about what we do.
We are seeking talented individuals who will thrive in our collaborative, diverse, fast-paced environment and share in our mission – to identify, develop and deliver life-changing therapies to people living with rare disease. We stick by our values centered on patients, courage, community, and collaboration to pursue our vision of becoming a leading biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the delivery of innovation and hope to patients in the global rare disease community.
At Travere Therapeutics, we are in rare for life. We continue to courageously forge new paths as we move toward a common goal of elevating science and service for rare patients.
This position is responsible for helping to execute Travere Therapeutics’ state governmental legislative, advocacy and policy strategies across its current and future therapeutic area franchises. The position represents the company before state government policymakers and external partners and assists in other duties as directed. This position reports to the Vice President, Government Affairs and Policy and is remote based.
- With input from the VP Government Affairs and Policy, leads the creation and execution of Travere Therapeutics’ state governmental strategy, engagement, and policy development activities to increase the state governments’ awareness of rare disease and Travere Therapeutics’ work
- Drives the development and implementation of proactive policy strategies that align with, advance, and protect Travere Therapeutics’ reputation, business goals and success.
- Aligns direction and prioritization for the organization’s state government and external affairs activities within the broader Government Affairs and Policy strategy.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders, including Patient Advocacy and Commercial.
- Manages budgets for external consultants and state lobbyists,
- Assists in the development of Travere Therapeutics’ position on major public policy issues being considered by state policymakers and in global and national trade associations and incorporates related patient group positioning.
- Helps design and leads implementation of strategic plans to address state threats and opportunities; identify trends, state legislation and regulation impacting all aspects of Travere Therapeutics’ business and ensure broad internal and external understanding of the rare disease landscape.
- Responsible for interfacing with both professional and patient groups involved with legislative and policy activities related to orphan diseases.
- Establish goals and metrics for success
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Administration, or related discipline. Advanced degree a plus. Equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered
- Minimum 8 years of government affairs and policy experience in the pharmaceutical industry or in state patient advocacy areas which are relevant to Travere Therapeutics’ business
- Minimum 2 years’ experience needed in Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry
- Deep background in health policy; expertise in rare disease preferred
- The ideal candidate will embody Travere’s core values: Courage, Community Spirit, Patient Focus and Teamwork
- Strong focus on patients, caregivers, and families with a track record of positive interactions
- Strong professional experience in a similar role within the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Well organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage shifting responsibilities in a dynamic, cross-functional teamwork environment
- Excellent collaboration skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and manage complexity
- Demonstrated reputation as a well-respected, dynamic team player
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Successful record of creating and managing complex project plans, timelines, budgets, and critical paths
- Ability to adapt to modification and changes to project plans, demonstrating flexibility to implement new strategies and tactics to accommodate these changes
- Ability to travel 50% domestic
Travere Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disability Employer
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-05