Associate Director, Government Affairs-TMN003FX
Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who we’re looking for
Toyota’s Government Affairs Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Associate Director, Government Affairs.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support Toyota’s digital advocacy programs and manage the Toyota/Lexus employee Political Action Committee (PAC).
Reporting to the Senior Consultant, Government Affairs, the person in this role will support the Government Affairs department’s objective to [develop effective political and advocacy programs. This role is part of an advocacy team responsible for grassroots efforts, digital advocacy, and management of the Toyota/Lexus employee PAC. This is a critical and demanding position that operates in a fast-paced environment. As such, candidates must be versatile, innovative, and focused on contributing to the larger goals of Toyota’s Government Affairs (GA) operations.
What you’ll be doing
• Develop and implement digital advocacy strategies to support the policy advocacy work of Toyota Motor North America.
• Create relevant social media content and manage GA’s social media accounts.
• Create engaging digital content to educate policymakers and other stakeholders on key issues.
• Monitor brand mentions, keywords, new developments, and breaking news on social platforms related to Toyota’s advocacy efforts and respond as appropriate.
• Coordinate with grassroots and dealer outreach programs to leverage advocacy efforts, as necessary.
• Manage the Toyota/Lexus employee political action committee.
• Plan and manage in-person and virtual GA events.
What you bring
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Background in communications, government, public affairs, or political fundraising.
• Understanding of the political and federal legislative landscape.
• Strong attention to detail, especially in digital format.
• Ability to work quickly, and to exercise sound judgment, under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and creativity.
• Experience working both collaboratively and independently.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
Added bonus if you have
• Experience in social media program management and operation.
• Experience in grassroots advocacy.
• Creative vision for online organizing and activism.
• Advanced degree.
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
• A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
• Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
• Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
• Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
• Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable).
• Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
• Paid holidays and paid time off.
• Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools, and more.
• Flexible spending accounts.
• Relocation assistance (if applicable).
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com.
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-26