Associate Director, Government Relations
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
The Associate Director, Government Relations, will lead federal and state public policy and advocacy efforts for the B. Braun group of companies across the region. The incumbent will collaborate with business partners across the organization to identify and prioritize legislative and regulatory issues, and work with our lobbying team to advance a comprehensive advocacy program. The person will also be responsible for building and managing our relationships with elected officials, legislative staff, industry associations and other advocacy groups in Washington and our key investment states to advance our policy priorities. The position will report to the Corporate VP of Corporate Affairs & Communications.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Responsible for identifying and shaping high-priority federal and state public policy issues to improve B. Braun’s operating climate and profitability.
- Builds and manages working relationships with members of Congress and key federal and state officials and staff.
- Identifies, analyzes and prioritizes key legislative and regulatory issues (opportunities and threats) across B. Braun.
- Collaborates with business partners (including Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Marketing, Finance & Legal) to develop and disseminate policy position papers on critical issues affecting our business.
- Builds and manages a team of federal and state lobbyists to support the Company’s advocacy initiatives.
- Works with industry associations on advocacy campaigns to increase credibility and impact.
- Collaborates with Global Government Affairs and leverages advocacy resources to support global objectives.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor
from time to time.
General: It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and other persons.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Requires breadth of professional field and industry knowledge.
- Ability to integrate critical information and champion advanced strategies/concepts through the organization.
- Drives development of advanced technologies, principles and processes.
Supervision Given and Received:
- Manages entry to intermediate level employees of a department or a function with 1 or 2 sections.
- Ensures budgets, schedules, and performance requirements are met.
Expertise: Qualifications – Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 10-15 years related experience.
- Frequent business travel required, Valid driver’s license and passport
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
Light work – Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally: Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand
- Frequently: Sit
- Constantly: N/A
- Occasionally:Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Walking
- Frequently: Finger feeling, Hearing – ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Seeing – depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Sitting , Talking – ordinary, loud/quick
- Constantly: N/A
- Occasionally: N/A
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: Production/manufacturing environment, Warehouse environment, Lab environment, Other
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: Office environment
Job posted: 2021-10-26